By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shares Plummet!

Tagged games:

TheLastStarFighter said:
Ocilayton said:
Man I wish I could by shares. I would buy every singleone I can now

That would probably be a poor decision.  They will likely go lower before things get better.

They're valued at $2bn.

Twitter is valued at $34bn and has never posted a profit, ever.

If there's even a chance of a turnaround Nintendo is great value.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
Ocilayton said:

That would probably be a poor decision.  They will likely go lower before things get better.

Not really, owning every share would mean he would be the owner of the company, which means he could do whatever he wants, lol.

$14 a share? damn

Post below link in OP for reference.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ntdoy

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sonicfan1373 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Ocilayton said:

Not really, owning every share would mean he would be the owner of the company, which means he could do whatever he wants, lol.

"Every single one I can." does not mean "Every Share in the Company." but rather "Every share I can afford."

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
sonicfan1373 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Ocilayton said:

English comprehension my friend.  He said every share he can, not every share there is.  And even then he should wait till they're cheaper ;)

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

$14 a share? damn

Post below link in OP for reference.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ntdoy

This is also a good link to get an idea of the daily fluctuations in their stock over the last 5 days compared to today.
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=NTDOY#symbol=ntdoy;range=5d;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Unfortunately, Nintendo is known as a cash stock, which means their value is really heavily dependent on cashflow. Without finding a way to increase sales profits, stock won't go up.

Soleron said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Ocilayton said:

They're valued at $2bn.

Twitter is valued at $34bn and has never posted a profit, ever.

If there's even a chance of a turnaround Nintendo is great value.

Of course it is.  I've bought and sold their shares twice in the past year and have been very pleased.  They're a safe buy becase when it gets down to about $13 per share, you're almost buying just a share of their cash reserves with their assets having almost $0 value, which is of course a joke.  Their shares should be about $26, even in the bad times.

But regardless of the value and where they should be, what's more important is where they will be.  The media's gonna jump on this and say games are doomed because of tablets and I think the shares will go down really low.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them selling as low as $8 like a year or so ago.  That's when I'd buy, and you can sip expensive whiskey and smoke some Cubans when it goes back even to current levels.

Not surprised. This always seems to happen, and it will likely stabilize soon.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Oh My.. didn't expect it to be this bad. Then again, it might just be this month.

Praise the One.