By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was YOUR most influential game of the previous gen?

What was the most influential game?

Mario Galaxy 55 34.59%

Red Dead Redemption 11 6.92%

COD4: MW 31 19.50%

Xenoblade 10 6.29%

Uncharted 2 41 25.79%

GTA V 7 4.40%

Total:155
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Rychussnik said:
Zero999 said:

Zelda skyward sword for the amazing feeling of 1:1 swordfighting. mario galaxy because the game was just perfect. xenoblade because of the incredible experience and HUGE step up on the jrpg genre.

Of those three, which one do you think had the most influence on the industry?

I'll go with skyward sword.

What influence did it have on the industry?

read.

Yeah I did, I don't see any reasoning on how it was influencial. It came out in 2010 to boot, whatc ame after it that was influenced by SS?

Around the Network

I'll say Mario Galaxy. It felt like pure 3D platforming perfection and it had outstanding music and overall just a very pretty game. It's gonna be hard for 3D platformers to top Mario Galaxy.

Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

read.

Yeah I did, I don't see any reasoning on how it was influencial. It came out in 2010 to boot, whatc ame after it that was influenced by SS?

"Zelda skyward sword for the amazing feeling of 1:1 swordfighting".

it doesn't matter if it was copied or not. it showed how things are done in this style.

I'd have to go with call of duty 4.

Personally, BioShock.

Around the Network

uncharted 2, defined the TPS cinematic action genre

Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

read.

"Zelda skyward sword for the amazing feeling of 1:1 swordfighting".

it doesn't matter if it was copied or not. it showed how things are done in this style.

influence
ˈɪnflʊəns/
noun
noun: influence; plural noun: influences
the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behaviour of someone or something, or the effect itself.

Suggest you learn what the word influence actually means, it's hilarious you think Zelda is influencial yet ... hasn't influenced any other game.

Well my most influential was Heavy Rain but that wasn't one of the options.

Between Modern WarfareWarfare and Assassins Creed.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Seece said:

influence
ˈɪnflʊəns/
noun
noun: influence; plural noun: influences
the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behaviour of someone or something, or the effect itself.

Suggest you learn what the word influence actually means, it's hilarious you think Zelda is influencial yet ... hasn't influenced any other game.

Nice auto owned. if influence is the CAPACITY to have an effect on something else, it doesn't need to have happened already. simply put, a game that uses motion control for 1:1 swordfighting will probably be influenced by SS.

Also: "What was YOUR most influential game of the previous gen?