By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Dualshock 4 light bar will never be off.

Does PS4 LED bother you?

yes 36 25.90%

no 80 57.55%

i hate all light 22 15.83%

Total:138
superchunk said:

So PS4 users here on VGC, is this an issue for you? Are you too taping your controller due to reflection on TV?

I've never had issues with the controller's light bar reflecting light off of the TV. I often forget that the light bar is even there.

The reduced battery life of the controller is disappointing, especially coming from 20+ hours with the DS3. However, the ability to charge the controller while the PS4 is in standby mode just about makes up for the reduced battery life.

Around the Network

Maybe there are nice developers out there that give the user the option to disable the light in their games. Unless of course Sony is forcing them to keep it on.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It is a problem for people who game on their front projectors. I game on my front projector and the light reflects off my white screen and kills the contrast. Given that Sony sells some excellent front projectors it is kinda ironic that they are being stubborn about it. I have duct tape on mine...

The likely reason for the light not being able to be shut off are simple. It's is wired directly into the power supply of the Controller. It doesn't go through a control board. Can't be shut off, because Sony planned to have that be an integral part of the PS4. They could however make a change in a future iteration of the controller if they wanted, but they might not just to save face.

It is near the end of the end....

i play resting my hands so no, i could never hold it up for long at as angle that it reflects of my tv. granted my tv is waist high of the ground, i could see someone with a low tv stand having more of an issue.

Around the Network

This is it you geniuses who can’t figure it out if it bothers you. If you dont want to then quit crying ffs. Grats to those who have.

LiquorandGunFun said:

This is it you geniuses who can’t figure it out if it bothers you. If you dont want to then quit crying ffs. Grats to those who have.

That's like saying "Your new car's windshield keeps falling from the frame? Just use duct tape instead of complaining to the manufacturer you whiney little bitch."

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

That's like saying "Your new car's windshield keeps falling from the frame? Just use duct tape instead of complaining to the manufacturer you whiney little bitch."

Yes, pretty much.  But I would put black tape on it myself.  Those little LED's they put on everything really annoy me.

It's really odd they will not let you turn it off.  Seems like such an easy thing to do.

But not even given you the option?  That's just wierd, espiclaly without the PlayStation 4 Eye it doesn't really do much.

Perhapse they are trying to punish people for not buying enough of the PlayStation Move?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Mine can be turned off, I took it apart and installed a switch to go between the positive lines and the pcb, with a flick of it, I turn it off.
It's actually very simple to do.

The lightbar has it's own pcb, you just sever the power line on the pcb running frm the rubbon, and bridge it with a push switch, make a tiny hole in the back of the controller and glue it in place.

vivster said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

lol  

not quite that extreme, we are talking about a light that can be covered, let’s not blow it out of proportion.