By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Candy Crush Saga is a bigger IP then Zelda and Uncharted combined

kirby007 said:
sales2099 said:
Well no. You have to measure in revenue.

Then again, people spend hundreds on Candy crush. So you may be right, even though it is for a reason you never considered ;)

230 MILLION JUST IN THE USA IN ONE YEAR

People probably spend also more hours into in it than all zelda/uncahrted games together =p.

Around the Network

Windows Solitaire and Minesweeper. Installed on over a billion PC's.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Over 150 Billion games of Candy Crush played, 282 Million active players. Just shocking numbers.

And yes, it is making extraordinary amounts of money. Especially if you consider its budget. Yes, eventually it will run out of steam, like every game does, but it is a outrageously successful. 59 Million likes on Facebook today.

No, it is not for me, but I cannot deny how successful it is. Hey, to each their own. Wish Wonderful 101 could do these numbers.

http://leaderswest.com/2013/11/16/infographic-4-3-of-facebook-users-are-candy-crush-fans/

NikkoM, you are slacking. I can't believe Kirby had to make this thread for you!

DarkFury said:
Over 150 Billion games of Candy Crush played, 282 Million active players. Just shocking numbers.

And yes, it is making extraordinary amounts of money. Especially if you consider its budget. Yes, eventually it will run out of steam, like every game does, but it is a outrageously successful. 59 Million likes on Facebook today.

No, it is not for me, but I cannot deny how successful it is. Hey, to each their own. Wish Wonderful 101 could do these numbers.

http://leaderswest.com/2013/11/16/infographic-4-3-of-facebook-users-are-candy-crush-fans/

it does put the current 60 bucks system in a new light

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
That is why nintendo needs google play

YES exactly what I've been saying.....

Err this game is free -_-

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

sales2099 said:
Well no. You have to measure in revenue.

Then again, people spend hundreds on Candy crush. So you may be right, even though it is for a reason you never considered ;)

lol how do you know he never considered it

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

The game is indeed free, but charges real money for microtransactions. Estimates vary, but their income is according to analysts at least 500 milllion a year, as the game is just as huge on Android and Facebook, and just as popular in the rest of the world as it is in US. Dem casuals are a legion.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:
spurgeonryan said:
That is why nintendo needs google play

YES exactly what I've been saying.....

Doesn't this raise a red flag for you?

No. Its more content and more content adds value.

Though I guess they could lose indie games as those are also usually in google play.

hmm... my point is not to bring in the play store, but to offer the same game content. Amazon sells android content, but doesn't use the play store. Nintendo could do the same via its on eShop.