By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2013 NPD Thread! - Everything is in the OP!

PS4 hardware, hard to find, cant sell games to consoles that do not exist so i guess the PS4 is alright in that regard, Killzone doing alright as well so one official 1st party game selling comparable to the Xbox Ones offerings, Knack just not accepted.

Xbox One awesome numbers really makes the doomer folks who think that the PS4/X1 will follow in the Wii U footsteps really take a seat. Their prospects can only get better with new titles and price cuts. On to next month.

Around the Network

Fusioncode said:

It's no use. He's trying to "build suspense" by saving the interesting stuff for last. I have no idea why.

Or like the last NPD... after some four hours he says it already leaked PS4 number so everybody go back the 40 pages of post to get the number.

ethomaz said:
Sugar.

Random ltd

Sonic LW ~ 82k
101 ~ 49k
Pikmin3 ~ 210k
Wario ~ 36k
MH3U ~ 93k
LEGO city ~ 242k

Rayman
WiiU ~ 88k
360 ~ 42k
PS3 ~ 30k

RER
360 ~ 55k
PS3 ~ 53k
WiiU ~ 13k

Looks like Pikmin 3 will be the lowest selling Pikmin game. 

Fusioncode said:
benji232 said:
ethomaz said:

carlos710 said:

I don't even know what to say. Ok, lets all ive in a magical world where the ps4 has more demand than the xone in the US: I shall live in sonyland as well despite how irrational of a place it is.

What I said is wrong? Because PS4 sold more than Xbone in US... for now it is leading.

How can you use words like "destroying" or "take it" for a console that is loosing?

Etho, can you ask cream for wiiU and ps4 numbers please? 

It's no use. He's trying to "build suspense" by saving the interesting stuff for last. I have no idea why. 

It is indeed annoying. And the fact that he only posts every 10minutes makes it even more annoying. Oh well, I guess we'll have to play the waiting game.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

ethomaz said:
Sugar.

Random ltd

Sonic LW ~ 82k
101 ~ 49k
Pikmin3 ~ 210k
Wario ~ 36k
MH3U ~ 93k
LEGO city ~ 242k

Rayman
WiiU ~ 88k
360 ~ 42k
PS3 ~ 30k

RER
360 ~ 55k
PS3 ~ 53k
WiiU ~ 13k

So knack outsold the majority of Wii U's lineup in the US...kinda sad

and W101 is 30k over

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Sugar.

Random ltd

Sonic LW ~ 82k
101 ~ 49k
Pikmin3 ~ 210k
Wario ~ 36k
MH3U ~ 93k
LEGO city ~ 242k

Rayman
WiiU ~ 88k
360 ~ 42k
PS3 ~ 30k

RER
360 ~ 55k
PS3 ~ 53k
WiiU ~ 13k

Those Resident Evil Revelations sales aren't going to do a lot to convince Capcom to make RE7 more survival horror focused. What a shame. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Train wreck said:
ethomaz said:
Sugar.

Random ltd

Sonic LW ~ 82k
101 ~ 49k
Pikmin3 ~ 210k
Wario ~ 36k
MH3U ~ 93k
LEGO city ~ 242k

Rayman
WiiU ~ 88k
360 ~ 42k
PS3 ~ 30k

RER
360 ~ 55k
PS3 ~ 53k
WiiU ~ 13k

So knack outsold the majority of Wii U's lineup in the US...kinda sad

and W101 is 30k over

I get the feeling most of the Wii U audience is just the extreme Nintendo fanatic who will buy Mario/Zelda/Smash/Mario Kart/maybe DKC and has no time/interest in really anything else (even other Nintendo IP). Knack sales are fairly awful on their own too, Sony is having a miserable time with 1st/2nd party sales. 

More Cream.

B:TS ~ 202k
kh1.5 ~ 438k
tox ~ 156k
miku ~ 16k
TLOU ~ 1473k
gowa ~ 783k
sly ~ 208k
ni no kuni ~ 329k

To be fair... these number are really good.... TLOUS, KH1.5, GOW:A and Ni No Kuni.

ethomaz said:
Sugar.

Random ltd

Sonic LW ~ 82k
101 ~ 49k
Pikmin3 ~ 210k
Wario ~ 36k
MH3U ~ 93k
LEGO city ~ 242k

Rayman
WiiU ~ 88k
360 ~ 42k
PS3 ~ 30k

RER
360 ~ 55k
PS3 ~ 53k
WiiU ~ 13k

If these are right it means all of those titles were overtracked here. I thought first that those were the sales of december.

Train wreck said:
PS4 hardware, hard to find, cant sell games to consoles that do not exist so i guess the PS4 is alright in that regard, Killzone doing alright as well so one official 1st party game selling comparable to the Xbox Ones offerings, Knack just not accepted.

Xbox One awesome numbers really makes the doomer folks who think that the PS4/X1 will follow in the Wii U footsteps really take a seat. Their prospects can only get better with new titles and price cuts. On to next month.

How do you figure.  The Wii U had a great launch and moved over 2 million consoles, but released nothing for months on end and killed their momentum.  Ports of Rayman Legends and Tomb Raider are not going to move any consoles.  Driveclub?  GT6 sold horribly, I see no reason why a new IP racing game will boost the PS4. Infamous?  The second one didnt even crack 2 million.   Titanfall?  I do think Titanfall will give a boost,but the question will be how much of a boost. If the reviews are in the 9's then it could be big, anything lower and the effect will be alot lower.   Thats pretty much all the software coming out for the next 5 months on on PS4/Xbone.   Donkey Kong sold 6 million on the Wii and the 3DS port has even sold 1.2 million.  IMO Tropical Freeze will sell atleast 1.2 million WW in the 1st month, could be more if Nintendo markets it well.  Mario Kart is Mario Kart, we all know how big the franchise is.