By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Truly scary games

doesnt anyone here play condemned ??? thats one hell of a scary game maybe even more then fear (i havent played fear to the end already )

the game has a very tense atmosphere from beginning to end its a releaf when you see the level ending screen and after a cutcsene it starts all over again

other the these 2 games the ones that scared me were silenthill 1 the second didnt seem that scary after playing the first one

and tomb raider 1 on the first time you face the tyrannosaurus rex one of the great moments in gaming

Around the Network

Clocktower was pretty scarry ... the game was full of tension untill the end ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Yeah, Condemned was pretty tense. I can't wait for the sequel.

Is Clock Tower better than Haunted Ground ? or not ?

Time to Work !

libellule said:

Of the three Clock Tower games, the first is realy good, the second is a jumbled mess of stupid puzzles and disjointed story, and the third is a running-away simulator that's only scary for the first hour or so. In other words, play the first, skip the other two.

Haunting Ground is by the Clock Tower 3 team, as I recall, and it's quite a bit better than CT3. I wouldn't say it's better than CT1, though.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

ET for Atari, that's scary................ Lol.

T013 said:
Come to think of it, I once played this flash game (point & click) called Exmortis. It was pretty darn scary... but of course console games are different.

Oh my god Exmortis freaked me out. Have you played the second one? That one had a moment or two where I screamed (in the vent trying to light the lighter......)

Garcian Smith said:
libellule said:

Of the three Clock Tower games, the first is realy good, the second is a jumbled mess of stupid puzzles and disjointed story, and the third is a running-away simulator that's only scary for the first hour or so. In other words, play the first, skip the other two.

Haunting Ground is by the Clock Tower 3 team, as I recall, and it's quite a bit better than CT3. I wouldn't say it's better than CT1, though.

I liked Haunting Ground, but it was definatly similar to Clock Tower 3. However, I thought Haunting Ground got a little too weird after the first boss. Still, Hewie was pretty cool and after beating the game the first time, I went back with the codes to get the unlockable items and playing through it again was more fun. 

Too bad the enemy AI was a little weird though. Despite hiding, and leaving all the doors open in a room, they'd still go directly to you're hiding spot.  

I've never actually come across a truly scary game although RE4 gave me a few jumps.

Penumbra Black Plague is pretty darn freaky at times...
I also thought Condemned was scary, had a really chilling and realistic atmosphere!
Silent Hill is a classic, and the two first ones made a standby potty mandatory...