By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 2 ( Jan 6 - Jan 12) I love pink!

Wii U going back to it's horrible numbers. I wonder how low will it get. 3DS is doing pretty good!

At least Wii U doesn't look that horrible when you compare it to the Vita TV.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Man those people saying wii-u would dominate this year look silly now.

Mummelmann said:
bosslug said:
Ouch at the complete animosity toward people who were optimistic for Wii U holding momentum. People actually talking about huge decline this week like it's some huge personal victory.

People were called out for unrealistic assumptions based on incomplete data on a site revolving around sales of consoles and software, how is this in any way uncalled for? Anyone who has spent any time in here knows that holidays are a really poor metric from which to deduce overall sales for the follwing year.

It's not about attacking people having hopes for their favorite console, at least for me; it's about calling out ridiculous and unfounded claims after the fact (and before and during, in my case) and against folks who are being downright silly and accounting only for their own wishes rather than market reality. People were being stupid about the whole thing, "Take that HATERS, the Wii U is set to dominate Japan, look at these November and December numbers! It's making a comeback!" It doesn't even have any contemporary competition yet and was even beaten by a machine that just entered its 8th year on the market and that never did that well over there to begin with.
It seems to me like a lot of Nintendo fans are doing what Sony fans did in 2006-2009; playing the victim card and acting overly defensive.

That said; if there still was any lingering doubts; I believe that anyone expecting the PS4 to set Japan on fire will be hugely diappointed as well, yet there seems to be quite a few of them.

While I wasn't following the Wii U expecatations, (I was more interested in 3DS in Japan). I think certain users do act like a personal agenda against companies, if you follow their regular posts. Not to say i think everyone is bad, for example i don't actually view Pezus as bad, I just like poking fun at him at times (Given he most likely hates it).

However I do agree with the bolded, and would be really interested to see what happens if that becomes true. 

Anfebious said:
Wii U going back to it's horrible numbers. I wonder how low will it get. 3DS is doing pretty good!

That's like saying 3DS is not doing bad compared to Vita.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Massive hardware sales drop. Not even the 3DS numbers impose respect this week (though obvisouly still alot better than everything else except the Vita).

Its normal for this time of the year though.

Around the Network
Goremichel said:

Boring sells for all hardware. But lets wait, Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong tropical freeze will make fantastic sells for Wii U :)

DK Returns achieved 1m in japan back in 2010 on the wiis massive userbase, so I wouldnt get my hopes up for this one to be a big system seller.

Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:

That's like saying 3DS is not doing bad compared to Vita.

True, pointless comparision. A flop is a flop no matter how you compare it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

For anyone interested:

3D Mario Platformers - Week 8

3D Mario Platformers - Week 8

[N64] Super Mario 64 (Nintendo) {1996.06.23} - 44.790* / 507.287** 
[NDS] Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo) {2004.12.02} - 26.078 / 586.253 
[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine (Nintendo) {2002.07.19} - 13.739 / 581.765 
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) {2007.11.01} - 109.029 / 680.165 
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo) {2010.05.27} - 15.513 / 680.395 
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} - 201.141 / 1.042.511 
[WIU] Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) {2013.11.21} - 14.584 / 485.022

*Weekly number includes week 8 and 9 combined.
**LTD week 9

Not too bad.

Now that the holiday boom is over, naturally everyone experienced huge drops.

Kirby had no competition that week. 3DS still dominating hardware and software charts, as usual. Monster Hunter 4, Pokemon, Puzzle and Dragons still selling well. Not bad for Zelda too. Will this trend ever end this generation? It doesn´t seem so

The WiiU hype seems over for now, but Super Mario 3D World still ranks among the 10 best sellers

Final Fantasy holding Vita hardware sales. I wonder if there´s any other game this year that will help drive more Vitas

Touma said:

------Last year-------Now:

3DS 100,501 ------ 65 657
WiiU 20,912------- 14 029
PSV 10,534--------- 31 382

I wonder if it will last for Vita.

Vita is cheaper now than it was in Jan,2013 and it has Final Fantasy ; )