By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamestop Making Signs To Sell X1s

How else will they sell the Xbox One? Give those guys a break, not every console sells like the PS4.

Around the Network

I mean, the Xbox One is in stock everywhere it seems... But it's not like it's not selling well or anything, just not as well as the PS4.

I was the games section at Harrods (definitely not checking out Star Wars Lego...) and they had at least 20 Xbox One boxes sitting out, but not a single PS4 in sight.

The assumption was that the PS4 would have decent stock levels by now, but Sony are clearly still trying to keep up with demand.

lucidium said:
So an employee decided to try and help the consumers make an educated choice?, not sure how this is a bad thing, should we not be celebrating the helpful nature of said employee?

The fun thing for us is that that Gamestop feels the need to educate the consumers because MS obviously failed to do it themselves.

Also those signs probably don't exist for the PS4s because they are sold out constantly.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Gamespot have little to now PS4 right now... all units received are being shipped to preorders... at the same time they have a lot of Xbone in shelves.

So like any other compnay in the world they want to sell products no matter what... if they have only Xbone they will push it to every visitor.

BTW from GAF some days ago.

Next day.

That what happen with PS4.

vivster said:
lucidium said:
So an employee decided to try and help the consumers make an educated choice?, not sure how this is a bad thing, should we not be celebrating the helpful nature of said employee?

The fun thing for us is that that Gamestop feels the need to educate the consumers because MS obviously failed to do it themselves.

Also those signs probably don't exist for the PS4s because they are sold out constantly.

Too bad they didn't do the same for Wii U.  There was a lot of education needed there due to Nintendo's non-existent marketing.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

Could have sworn I saw this topic on here a week ago.

Fusioncode said:

Meh, I'm sure there's plenty of Gamestops out there that push PS4 much harder than XBO. It all depends on how the specific store is run I suppose. There may even be a store that tries to sell Nintendo systems.

How are they pushing the PS4 harder than Xbox One when they're out of stock as soon as they get any in?  You have to have product to sell in order to push sales for it.

kupomogli said:
Fusioncode said:

Meh, I'm sure there's plenty of Gamestops out there that push PS4 much harder than XBO. It all depends on how the specific store is run I suppose. There may even be a store that tries to sell Nintendo systems.

How are they pushing the PS4 harder than Xbox One when they're out of stock as soon as they get any in?  You have to have product to sell in order to push sales for it.

That's not the point I was trying to make. I was saying that different stores will push harder for different consoles. In case they're run by fanboys that is. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

bananaking21 said:
doom confirmed. when a retailer tries to sell a product, you know its a bad sign.

One store is all retailers now?  One store doesn't equate to a whole business.  I was just in a gamestop to pre-order titanfall and nothing like this happened for example.

From my understanding this store also was trolling the ps4 saying it had no games.  From the sounds of it, it was just a fanboy trying to sell a console.

If it's not selling time will tell, not one store making home made signs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJLuPACDDQ

JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
doom confirmed. when a retailer tries to sell a product, you know its a bad sign.

One store is all retailers now?

From my understanding this store also was trolling the ps4 saying it had no games.  From the sounds of it, it was just a fanboy trying to sell a console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJLuPACDDQ

read my post again jay, it was pointing how rediculious it is to think that a retailer trying to sell a product now is considered negative. it was sarcasm