By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: Aye or nay? Time to vote.

Nintendo fans, what say you?

Aye! 156 52.88%

Nay! 91 30.85%

Don't care / see results 48 16.27%

Total:295

If you're going to take the Wii U into account when judging him, just give it more time.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network

Nay, I like the guy and I hope he stays at Nintendo, after all Nintendo has continued to make excellent games even in the worst of times. But he's just really unfit to be the CEO, there is too much apologizing and not enough being done. A more hardware focused and western thinking person needs to take his place.

Yes, let's fire the CEO who led Nintendo to one of the most successful periods in their history because one console is not selling well! Brilliant logic!

(Aye)

I'd say "Aye." (Isn't it "Yay"?)

He's done well with three out of four consoles, even if he did completely crap on one's release. One completely flunking console is a rather large problem, but nothing to fire someone over.

I would also like to point out that firing Iwata won't get rid of the problem, it's with Nintendo as a whole. As well as their stockholder's expectations, and many other outside factors. Iwata is blemish on the problem at hand.

Please understand...........that Iwata is not going anywhere for now.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I´m not sure there´s someone to replace him at the moment.One of the main complaints I hear about him is how he has apparently made the company way too insular, living in a complete bubble and far too Japanese centric.It´s not all bad they don´t follow the 'Industry', it´s very good sometimes, but it seems they take that almost to the extreme.

If there was someone to replace him, I guess I´d say 'nay', but as far as I know, there isn´t.

Nintendo needs to make some changes. They need to become more western-orientated (at least for the home console market) and really work on their relationships with third parties (once again, mostly in the west). I'm not sure that means Iwata needs to go.

He clearly has made some great decisions for the company, the most recent one being merging the handheld and home console development groups into one, so that future hardware will be more integrated with each other (or they'll simply make the home console-handheld hybrid I've been dreaming of).

He needs to step away from Nintendo Direct, though. He's terrible at advertising their projects in public compared to guys such as Kaz Hirai or even their own Reggie.

JGarret said:
I´m not sure there´s someone to replace him at the moment.One of the main complaints I hear about him is how he has apparently made the company way too insular, living in a complete bubble and far too Japanese centric.It´s not all bad they don´t follow the 'Industry', it´s very good sometimes, but it seems they take that almost to the extreme.

If there was someone to replace him, I guess I´d say 'nay', but as far as I know, there isn´t.

Honestly while it is Nintendo's fault for this whole thing, the fact that they made so much money with the DS and Wii gave the message that if they repeat the exact same tactic (with the mistakes and all) again, it will work. Losing money on the 3DS and the Wii U won't doom Nintendo but it might be enough to provoke change in the company to go another direction. 

I was willing to give him time and he's had a year without any change. He has to go.

I'd say Aye.

For one there isn't really anyone to replace him, let alone anyone that would definitely do a better job. Besides, Iwata is a smart man and he has led Nintendo to arguably their most prosperous times ever and he's a friendly, recognizable and likable face for Nintendo.