By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm third party and won't support WiiU because....

BeElite said:
Because I live in the real world and reality is not pro Ninty.

Woah, so do I! It's great here, isn't it? We can make all sorts of fun hypothetical threads, and sass people who take them too seriously.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

Nintendo's userbase doesnt support many of the popular third party games which is likely due to them usually being the inferior version.

I was talking to my friend about this just last night. As much as i love nintendo, if they went multiplat on home consoles it would not change a thing in the industry because people buy nintendo consoles for nintendo's games. 

On Xbox and Sony people buy them for numerous reason including multiplats, online, bluray, etc.

While 3DS has been a brilliant console I cant say the same for the WiiU. Im still looking forward to smash bros, Mario Kart 8, and X but if you notice, those are nintendo games. The console's features and power has nothing to do with the reason i purchase them. Id still buy them on another console which would give me achievements/trophies and a better online service.

Yes this is probably a controversial comment so sorry, not trying to upset people.  Just giving my honest opinion.

Damnit, Jay, play the game.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Why do people say Wii U has a bad online service? I can play BLOPS2 just fine, and there are almost no people playing all the time, yet it's faster to find a match than on PS3...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Gnac said:
Damnit, Jay, play the game.

lol fine.

Im EA :P

Around the Network

I'm third party and won't support WiiU because....we want to make more than 1 game in our future.

JayWood2010 said:

Nintendo's userbase doesnt support many of the popular third party games which is likely due to them usually being the inferior version.

I was talking to my friend about this just last night. As much as i love nintendo, if they went multiplat on home consoles it would not change a thing in the industry because people buy nintendo consoles for nintendo's games. 

On Xbox and Sony people buy them for numerous reason including multiplats, online, bluray, etc.

While 3DS has been a brilliant console I cant say the same for the WiiU. Im still looking forward to smash bros, Mario Kart 8, and X but if you notice, those are nintendo games. The console's features and power has nothing to do with the reason i purchase them. Id still buy them on another console which would give me achievements/trophies and a better online service.

Yes this is probably a controversial comment so sorry, not trying to upset people.  Just giving my honest opinion.

I have a bunch of games on steam that I would gladly buy on WiiU if they had been released on it before I bought them of course and there are lots of us out there.

just play the game and feel free to be as silly as 3rd parties can be

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Sad attempt at trying to be funny. Ahh it's my own fault for clicking on the title.

Roma said:
JayWood2010 said:

I have a bunch of games on steam that I would gladly buy on WiiU if they had been released on it before I bought them of course and there are lots of us out there.

just play the game and feel free to be as silly as 3rd parties can be

Youre right, some people would buy them.  But time after time Nintendo's fanbase as a whole has proved that the majority wont.  One person doesnt equate as the majority.

Yes it sucks for the people who would have bought them but the problem isnt with third parties.  There is numerous problems and this could even be blamed on nintendo's fanbase more than third parties.  However it soley is Nintendo's fault for being incapable of keeping up with the what is popular today.

Example:  Super Mario 3D Land releases without Multiplayer.  Koizumi explained, “We’ve been testing online multiplayer since the days of Super Mario Galaxy, but with this title we really wanted to deliver an experience that you can share with family, friends, or your boyfriend or girlfriend in the same place like you did with the original NES. We really want players to have fun in front of the TV, talking while they help each other out or get in each other’s way.”

Thank you, because I want to  live in 1983 forever

Example 2:  No Achievements.  "When they create their games, [Nintendo's designers] don't tell you how to play their game in order to achieve some kind of mythical reward. 

Again thank you for completely ignoring the millions of people who enjoy these "mystical awards".  Achievements are no different than the "mystical rewards" they offer but people get recognized for what they do, while having a social aspect to having these "mystical rewards".

I know this thread is trying to mock third parties but it is very possible that it isnt third parties fault that they are not making money off of nintendo's hardware.

If you're a whine connoisseur, '83 is a really good vintage.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3