By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Okay now it's getting personal

ferret1603 said:
What on earth has been up with this site today? I've had a ton of spam on my wall and I've only been able to read about 3 threads as I keep getting sql errors. A few times it even took me to the domain login to update the site. Bizarre.

Just as a little FYI: if someone is spamming (actual spam) your wall make sure that person is banned before you delete their comments.  If they aren't let an online mod know so we can ban that person as I have no clue who spammed your wall and no clue if it's an account that has already been banned.

Around the Network

And when the hell did I exactly ask ioi to come hold my hand? I suggested IP check/Block, that's a normal thing every other site has.

5 out of 10 of users here need to stop putting words in my mouth.

I was simply giving a heads up considering the days legion of events, all of this resulted from the mass Spammer, sheesh.

twesterm said:
ferret1603 said:
What on earth has been up with this site today? I've had a ton of spam on my wall and I've only been able to read about 3 threads as I keep getting sql errors. A few times it even took me to the domain login to update the site. Bizarre.

Just as a little FYI: if someone is spamming (actual spam) your wall make sure that person is banned before you delete their comments. If they aren't let an online mod know so we can ban that person as I have no clue who spammed your wall and no clue if it's an account that has already been banned.

Yeah don't worry I messaged a mod then discovered the spammer had already been banned so I deleted the messages.

Soriku said:
naznatips said:

Yeah, he definitely didn't hack anything. Windows Live just has a really dumb password reset system that lets you request it with nothing but the name of the account. However, there is a reason that you have to verify it in your email first. Yes, he's harassing you. Yes, you should report his IP to his ISP, but no, this isn't a site issue.

Also, if anyone gets spam on their profile comments let me know by private message. I'll delete them.

Us users already can delete comments. The people who do have spam still on their profile just don't know it yet because they don't check it periodically. They'd delete it if they knew. I've already PMed some people for the spam in their comments to delete them.

And there are just some users who want to keep it (see: twesterm )

Yes...yes everyone check my profile NOW to see what spam comments look like.  MUAHAHAHA.

Soriku said:
naznatips said:

Yeah, he definitely didn't hack anything. Windows Live just has a really dumb password reset system that lets you request it with nothing but the name of the account. However, there is a reason that you have to verify it in your email first. Yes, he's harassing you. Yes, you should report his IP to his ISP, but no, this isn't a site issue.

Also, if anyone gets spam on their profile comments let me know by private message. I'll delete them.

Us users already can delete comments. The people who do have spam still on their profile just don't know it yet because they don't check it periodically. They'd delete it if they knew. I've already PMed some people for the spam in their comments to delete them.

And there are just some users who want to keep it (see: twesterm )

Yes, but you need to PM me so that I can ban the person first, then delete them after I've confirmed they spammed. 

Around the Network

THE E - TERRORISTS HAVE ARRIVED.... EVERYBODY RUN!!!!!!

Here's a suggestion, close that E-mail address and get another one. Whatever you do... never open these junk mail but mark them as spam and never use the same name in your mail address as on fora.

Are you sure there aren't any like Chinese hackers / spammers for example hanging around this site? They're very good at hacking people's E-mail boxes, Ebay, My Space and they have been even around here with putting down spam about their great Chinese shops, remember?... The use of the handles of the spam which AoA got look quite familiar to me namely from those guys hacking via Ebay. Could be completely wrong.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Soriku said:
Thatmax said:
THE E - TERRORISTS HAVE ARRIVED.... EVERYBODY RUN!!!!!!

If they were "terrorists," they'd be sending viruses, not spam.

Clearly you don't know how terrorists work.  A terrorist doesn't need to send a virus to be considered a terrorist.  Sending spam can be an act of terrorism as it's demoralizing to sit there and remove spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam after spam , and you get my point.

Mods pull your mops out, --OkeyDokeys-- profile is a mess.

AoA - have you found that IP yet?