By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware UP 4th Jan (Global Software up)

BeElite said:
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
kowenicki said:
Xbox starts to take US, PS4 dominates Europe.

Need to get that ONE released in the rest of Europe.

1 week a small lead because sony has limited supple = x1 taking US? No.

Actually for US the PS4 has sold ahead of X1 for just 1 week since X1's release. 

xbone should be doubling its sales given its available while ps4 is out of stock everywhere.

Its a $500 console with an accessory that not too many people are excited about. I'd say its doing fantastic.

Around the Network

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the people remotely interested in DK TF are current Wii U owners, the game will move the wii U needle very little. maybe 20%...but by the time the game releases you are probably talking sub 20k sales in each territory so maybe you'll see bump to like 80-90k.

DS hardware not included in the Weekly Sales Data! I believe that's the first time that's happened.

kowenicki said:
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
kowenicki said:

Actually for US the PS4 has sold ahead of X1 for just 1 week since X1's release. 

nope

28th and 4th

thats 1 plus 1 = 2

You're not getting it, I said PS4 has only had 1 week when it was ahead in the US since X1's release. Other than that the Xbox One has consistently stood its ground.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Nothing too surprising. Should be an interesting race ahead between PS4 and Wii U as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Smash Bros. 4 and Mario Kart 8 get released.

Interesting in that there will be no real race.  Toning down Wii U expectations will help lessen the disappointment later on (sales wise). 

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
kowenicki said:
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
kowenicki said:

nope

28th and 4th

thats 1 plus 1 = 2

You're not getting it, I said PS4 has only had 1 week when it was ahead in the US since X1's release. Other than that the Xbox One has consistently stood its ground.

More like it has consistently stuffed the channels.

kowenicki said:
jlmurph2 said:
kowenicki said:
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
kowenicki said:

nope

28th and 4th

thats 1 plus 1 = 2

Apologies. I misread it.

I agree I think ONE will win  the US now.  I wasnt sure a few weeks agio, but now I am more so.  By the end of 2014 I think the ONE will have a decent lead in the US.

What if Sony increases North American units though? You still sure? Thinking 10K units is a big lead with PS4 shortage everywhere is kinda immature, y'know.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Nothing too surprising. Should be an interesting race ahead between PS4 and Wii U as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Smash Bros. 4 and Mario Kart 8 get released.

What? Wouldn't it be better to try to race against the Xbox One first? With Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 and a ton of multiplats getting released?

Train wreck said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Interesting in that there will be no real race.  Toning down Wii U expectations will help lessen the disappointment later on (sales wise). 

Well, I wasn't talking long-term. I was talking about LTD sales until the holidays arrive.

I'm not doubting that PS4 will win in the end.

Dem supply issues. Sony should really shift something from the rest of the world including Europe towards the US. Or else X1 fans start believing that there is less demand for PS4 in the US.
Just let those Europeans wait for a bit longer, not much danger of them shifting to the X1.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.