By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There may be a good chance SSB won't boost the Wii U...

Are you getting a Wii U for SSB?

Yes, I want a Wii U and S... 105 46.26%

Yes, I want to play it on... 38 16.74%

No, 1 game isn't worth it 29 12.78%

No, I don't want SSB 28 12.33%

Maybe when the Wii U is really cheap 27 11.89%

Total:227

WiiU is doomed.

With that being said, I'm buying Smash Bros. for 3DS. I'd buy a WiiU for SM3DW, Pikmin3 and Bayonetta 2, but I bought a Wii last year.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
Some of the responses in this thread...man people get awfully defensive over consoles, cannot even have a good discussion.

I can understand your point but the question is, can you have a "good discussion" based on such an inane thread?

Can anyone take these "all my friends.." and "I don't know anyone that.." thread seriously. I believe most people think they are all fiction anyway.

1 game is not worth buying a console for unless there are other titles your interested in and this one just gives you the boost you need. As for your poll, i own both a Wii U and a 3DS and will be picking up a copy of SSBs for both consoles.

Just like the early days of the PS3, I don't think there is going to be one specific game that will "save" the Wii U. What is more likely to happen is demand gradually increasing for the console as more games are released. Thus, while I'm hoping the new Smash Bros. injects more demand for the Wii U, I'm also not expecting the title to completely turn around the console's current sales situation.

If you buy the Wii U version you get the console and handheld experience in one ;)

Around the Network

behind mario kart and mario 3d world i think it likely will sell the most wii u systems.
the game looks amazing and they keep announcing characters.

and your poll is extremely flawed. its missing one more option:

No I already own a Wii U.

Contrary to popular believe some of us do you have a wii u already.

And my hatred for anecdotal "evidence" continues.

To some extent, you're correct. Many people will probably opt for the 3DS Super Smash Bros., but that doesn't mean that there isn't a large market that want a console SSB.

Mystro-Sama said:
Nintendo shows their backwardness again by pulling this dumb move. This can really hurt the Wii U version's sales.

A smart move would have been to release it on Wii U and maximise it's sales then announce the 3ds version a couple months later.

And have people complain at Nintendo for "making" them get the Wii U for SSB? 

I think they'd rather not.

Have handheld Mario Kart games ever hampered console Mario Kart sales? Let's think logically now.