By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict: Which will sell more in Q1 - Xbox One or WiiU? 2 Weeks to go! XB1: 950k vs WiiU: 450k

Which will sell more in Q1 - Xbox One or WiiU?

Xbox One 350 45.10%

WiiU 370 47.68%

Tie 56 7.22%

Total:776
Seece said:

WiiU is down this week in Japan YOY 20k, a trend?

Let's hope it won't be down 20k YOY every week, would be Europe like sircumstances.

Around the Network
Seece said:
toot1231 said:
wii u will
i honestly dont know anyone who even wants an xboxone. too expensive for the system and then online price the ps4/wii u is just a much better option and this is coming from a previous 360 fan

3 million people want one :P You shouldn't base predictions based on those around you, it's a drop in the ocean.

alot of my friends are saying that they are not getting an xbox one because of the price and i feel that others are thinking the same way.

edit: also everytime I go to walmart and its quite often. xbone is NEVER sold out but wii u and ps4 are.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Seece said:

February:
The LEGO Movie Videogame
Rayman Legends
Thief
Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

off topic: damn, PvZ is launching in feb!?  damn, where's the hype?  it looks amazing!

on topic:  if MS stick to 13 territories for all of Q1 wiiU really ought to win.   but if MS can get a few more territories launched then they ought to win.

@ Pezus - 51k in this weeks MediaCreate believe it was 71k last year?

@ Kilter - I know! I can't wait, I hope it gets advertising. It's $40 also so I hope that helps.

@ Toot - MS overshipped for sure, that doesn't mean 'nobody wants them' even if your friends don't.

toot1231 said:
Seece said:
toot1231 said:
wii u will
i honestly dont know anyone who even wants an xboxone. too expensive for the system and then online price the ps4/wii u is just a much better option and this is coming from a previous 360 fan

3 million people want one :P You shouldn't base predictions based on those around you, it's a drop in the ocean.

alot of my friends are saying that they are not getting an xbox one because of the price and i feel that others are thinking the same way.

edit: also everytime I go to walmart and its quite often. xbone is NEVER sold out but wii u and ps4 are.

I think a lot of stores order less Wii Us compared to Xbox Ones... or recieve less stock.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

The list for Wii U releases is incomplete. This thread is misleading. Gonna be locked. Just wait.

Meanwhile I have a friend working on the TRUE list. Will be posted soon.

FrancisNobleman said:
The list for Wii U releases is incomplete. This thread is misleading. Gonna be locked. Just wait.

Meanwhile I have a friend working on the TRUE list. Will be posted soon.

Nice try

I will add any games suggested.

pezus said:

Wait, 20k? Wasn't it down something like 5 or 6k?

Media Create down 16k.
Famitsu down 10k.

He might be thinking of the previous week which it is down around 20k from.

I'd be shocked if XBONE lost in America, but world wide I just don't think it can win. TF right at the end should give it a huge boost though. Lets say they both tie in Jan, Wii U wins Feb, and XBONE wins March. I'll give it to Wii U but if it wins it won't be by a lot. If this was including April sales then I'd vote XBONE pretty confidently.

If the XB1 was priced at $399 I'd give it the edge simply because of NA but all things considered I'm going with WiiU (cheaper/better bundled than last year, an established library of games and DK/WiiFit launching).