By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Robot Taisen OG Saga new pics and artwork

they look really cool .. i've always loved the Super robot wars games, even tough i prefer the ones with licensed robots, but is cool to see some of the cool characters i've played on the old SRW having their own game

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Around the Network

Is this even coming out in America or Europe? If it's not this is a really awful tease.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

We need a console Super Robot Taisen...

I hope they bring this one over.

Because I really want to play it...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The more good Wii games the better so hopefully it does get made. The DS game looks pretty good!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
We need a Wii Super Robot Taisen...

Fix'd. I don't think they'd wanna do one without Monolith Soft, and Monolith Soft is owned by Nintendo. Besides, this wouldn't sell on the PS3/360 in Japan lol (where the game actually sells >_> And they'd want the best Japan sales possible if they don't localize it, and that's best done on the Wii).

I disagree. Disgaea 3 sold like 60,000 on the PS3 first week. That's pretty good for a SRPG. The people who buy SRW games are even more fanataical.  SRW games max at around 500,000 anyway.. and that's only a few.  More are in the 300,000 range.

They aren't going to bring it over for the same reason they won't bring JUS over. Americans don't know 75% of the characters in the game.

naznatips said:
They aren't going to bring it over for the same reason they won't bring JUS over. Americans don't know 75% of the characters in the game.

The fact that Super Robot Taisen OG and Super Robot Taisen OG 2 made it to the GBA is proof that  there is hope for Super Robot Taisen OG Saga.

Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

The fact that Super Robot Taisen OG and Super Robot Taisen OG 2 made it to the GBA is proof that there is hope for Super Robot Taisen OG Saga.

Fair enough WoW.

Yeah. It's not so much that the robots in them are unknown... as it's not worth localizing for american purchase when it's not going to add much in sales and it's going to cost you a LOT More in licensing fees.

I mean I want to say they use 10+ popular anime series per game.

I also don't know why they would NEED Monolith Soft. I mean the super robot wars games have been using the exact same engine since the original game on the Gameboy. They make slight changes between games... sometimes? But I mean... a talented rom hacker could do about as much as they usually do per game. This side story one does seem to be a different case all together... but I mean usually. It's basically "hey the graphics look slightly better, this shield thing... slightly changed. Also new anime robots!"

The stories are just cobbled together missions tied together to represent episodes of the different shows... like... a fan fiction or something.

These games really don't take much effort at all.

Honestly i'd hope it came out for the PS3 if another console version came out. Due to the PS3 being region free. As Super Robot Wars games are about the only ones i'd import. Well that or Front Mission games if they go back to the glory of 3. Instead of the mediocreness of 4.

Well and a new Tactics Ogre game with the original battle system. Though i'd hate to miss out on the story on a masterpiece like that.