By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could we see Shigeru Miyamoto’s New IP on April 27th?

I wouldn't rule out Nintendo showing a new IP sometime this year. Presumably an IP from Mr Miyamoto. I'd exect that IP to be shown in all its glory at E3, even in playable form.

The most obvious thing for Nintendo to showcase att the Nico Nico Chokaigi convention would be Mario Kart 8 for Wii U. But if Nintendo manages to release that game in Japan prior to the convention, then I wouldn't rule out a Japanese showing of Miyamotos presumed new IP in Japan. In that case I believe it will coinside with a special Nintendo Direct on the same day.

So if Miyamoto's new IP truely exists, what could it be? Well, it's really anyones guess. I'd say it'll be something based on Miyamoto's life experience. We've all heard of how his childhood inspired him to make Zelda, and how Pikmin was inspired by his interest in gardening. Read a biography of Mr Miyamoto, and I'm certain you will find clues that will point at his presumed new IP.

Around the Network

All of the above in a single game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If Shigeru Miyamoto really developing an FPS than i promise you that this will be the world's most awesome FPS!!!

TheGhosts said:
If Shigeru Miyamoto really developing an FPS than i promise you that this will be the world's most awesome FPS!!!

Like, Wii Music kind of awesome? :P

Just joking, it most probably would be awesome :D

Maybe a 3rd Person Adventure game, but he might have a 3PS or FPS since he said he had interest in considering one.

Around the Network

What made me think of this, was an interview Miyamoto had a year back, where he said that he was interested in the elements of an FPS. Maybe that is his new IP that he will showcase.

The one type of game that Nintendo is in need of is a Military FPS(Cant just say FPS because they have Metroid Prime). Why? Nintendo can appeal to "core" gamers with a 1080p 60fps FPS with a great story and great local and online multiplayer. Nintendo=Gameplay first! Imagine what Nintendo's innovation can do with the bland Military FPS genre. They can combine elements of modern FPS's with classic FPS's like Goldeneye!

Imagine a story put together by Nintendo with online multiplayer that has the quick pace modes of COD and the environmental interactions of Battlefield with weapons similar to Halo with vehicles from Halo and Battlefield. Now imagine all this with worlds similar to Nintendo IP's. Some Metroid like maps and dungeons from Zelda and regular war environments similar to those in COD and Battlefield. How about a Donkey Kong level in aforest and between trees that force the players to use guerrilla tactics.

This will make me so happy I will find my inner 10 year old and run around my neighborhood yelling!

impertinence said:
Drug lord sim

Stay classy Miyamoto.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
awesomeabe1998 said:
What made me think of this, was an interview Miyamoto had a year back, where he said that he was interested in the elements of an FPS. Maybe that is his new IP that he will showcase.

The one type of game that Nintendo is in need of is a Military FPS(Cant just say FPS because they have Metroid Prime). Why? Nintendo can appeal to "core" gamers with a 1080p 60fps FPS with a great story and great local and online multiplayer. Nintendo=Gameplay first! Imagine what Nintendo's innovation can do with the bland Military FPS genre. They can combine elements of modern FPS's with classic FPS's like Goldeneye!

Imagine a story put together by Nintendo with online multiplayer that has the quick pace modes of COD and the environmental interactions of Battlefield with weapons similar to Halo with vehicles from Halo and Battlefield. Now imagine all this with worlds similar to Nintendo IP's. Some Metroid like maps and dungeons from Zelda and regular war environments similar to those in COD and Battlefield. How about a Donkey Kong level in aforest and between trees that force the players to use guerrilla tactics.

This will make me so happy I will find my inner 10 year old and run around my neighborhood yelling!

I honestly don't think he would be working on a game with such a huge scale since his talk about working with a smaller group on smaller projects unless this has been in development a wile before he said that.

I hope it's something that would make a lot of people want it and not like that submarine game

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

FrancisNobleman said:
Tentacle Rape Simulator.

Without online, the true multiplayer is local of course.

I hear theres already a million pre orders in Japan.

Hopefully an FPS, but probably not.