By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Seriously Why Doesn't Microsoft Just Buy Sony?

Using this op logic i should make a thread... Usa have a lot of debts, americans not considered valuable outside, should China buy them out?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Why should they?

Sony is going the way of the Dodo. Well not that bad, but things are looking pretty bad for them right now. Sony as a whole is in a pretty bad condition. There are 2, maybe 3 divisions that could be a potential investment target.

1. Life insurances. By far Sonys best performing division.
2. Movies
(3. Gaming)

So, if MS wanted to get the no. 1 spot for market share in this gaming market no matter what, they would be there within the next 2 years. Easily.

They spent 7 billion for Skype, 5 billion for Nokia, 1 billion for Yammer in the last 2-3 years. If they invested these kind of numbers for this market, things would be over in a hearbeat. The point is, the risk that they might not see a ROI at all is pretty big, because the market is not that profitable for anyone.

Lets make a bet right now that Sony's value as a corp will rise in 2014. I'll still be here. When Sony hit rockbottom they were in a much worse position than this a couple years ago. Since Kaz has become the head of Sony things have been changing. He saved the PS3 and he'll save Sony. Sony will profit on the PS4 rather quickly. Compared to last gen they are in a position to make money hand over fist for gaming. Hopefully the drop the Vita but hey, a guy can dream can't he? Their 4K TV's will sell very well as they are considered high up there. Problem is their prices are a big problem. Much like the Vita the MP3's are a huge issue for them. They need to drop them A.S.A.P (although I haven't recently checked up on the progress of that.). Robocop and Spiderman are also going to make bank for Sony this year.

2014 is going to be a climbing process for Sony.

They kill pretty much everything they buy.

Sony's game division is market leading, incredibly awesome and this would change.

Asdrendeluxe said:
Easy to say 100 FUCKING BILLION DEBT. Who the hell pay for this when a company take the whole comapny ? Jes Microsoft. You marry Sony jes not so clever then with sony you marre the debt.

Which $100 billion debt??? Elaborate?  

Why would MS buy Sony (game division) when it's make negative monies?

Around the Network

I went to a fortune teller today and asked him if Sony is going to go bankrupt? The fortune teller told me that Microsoft will never buy Sony and Somy will get out of there depts soon some day.

To be honest it makes sence Sony's PlayStation is easily the biggest suxess in the gaming world. Also even tho Samsung beat them in the battle of TV's for a few years now. Sony will still survive they make the best cameras lately and sell pretty well. Eg: Sony make the first 4K cameras, which means they are good innovators as well they are anyways they are a Japanese company. But in the gaming division I have got to admit they are not as inovative as Micrsoft and especially Nintendo.

All I am saying they make many other hardware products and can live of them as well.

1) Sony wouldn't sell their games division. It's one of their few divisions that they can make a profit in consistently if they don't completely mess it up like they did with the PS3.

2) Sony has too much dead baggage to buy as a company as a whole due to operating a lot of it's business in Japan, which has a lot of pro employment laws.

3) When you buy a company you tend to see a markup on value of quite a bit. So Sony isn't as cheap as it looks.

4) The sony board will try the best they can to avoid selling to keep their jobs, therefore a "Poison pill" is sure to be injected, just like Take 2 did when EA tried to buy them. (I think it was take 2)

5) The era of hostile takeovers seems to be mostly over.

You can't buy something that's not for sale.

Microsoft had seriously consider purchasing Nintendo just before the original Xbox launched and and was offering up to $25 billion.

Yamauchi: Not for sale.

Imagine the Sony Gaming Business turning into "Rare" - Naughty Dog and all of the other best developers in the world forced into making non relevant games.End of the world scenario

buy nintendo instead