By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood preview + 20 screens

Meh. It's going to take more than that to get me to take a Sega Sonic game seriously again.

Thanks for the heads up though. 

Around the Network

Ya ill probably buy this. I love playing handhelds when im alone in bed helps me sleep.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Can someone tell me how many differenmt size carts for DS and what size are they?

IGN: There seems to be a lot of beautiful hand-drawn backgrounds in the game. How big of a cartridge will Sonic Chronicles require?

Mark Darrah Big -- though we aren't saying quite yet which cart we're using.

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
Can someone tell me how many differenmt size carts for DS and what size are they?

IGN: There seems to be a lot of beautiful hand-drawn backgrounds in the game. How big of a cartridge will Sonic Chronicles require?

Mark Darrah Big -- though we aren't saying quite yet which cart we're using.

according to wikipedia:

Nintendo DS games use a proprietary solid state ROM "game card" format resembling the memory cards used in other portable electronic devices such as digital cameras. It currently supports cards up to 2 gigabit (2048 Mb or 256 MB) in size, which is four times the amount of memory that the largest Nintendo 64 cartridge was able to store (512 Mb or 64 MB). The cards always have a small amount of flash memory or an EEPROM to save user data such as game progress or high scores. The game cards are 33.0 mm × 35.0 mm × 3.8 mm (approximately half the width and half as thick as Game Boy Advance cartridges) and weigh around 3.5 g (1/8 ounce).

Based on an IGN blog by the developer of MechAssault: Phantom War, larger (such as 128 MB) cards have a slower data transfer rate than the more common smaller (such as 64 MB) cards. However the specific rates were not mentioned.

holy shit thats it? ds carts couldnt handle a digital shit coming out of my ass

All this money nintendo's making the next handheld is gonna be dope as fuck. forsure.

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Graphics are cool , but the overall idea seems weak :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I like it
Bioware + Retro style RPG seems like it will be a win
It's almost like it's a tribute to the RPG's played back in the day, considering the battle/art style, which makes me feel like the development team will really be putting their hearts into making a bad ass game

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I'll wait for more info I'm a bit unsure about it. But heh, a Mario RPG seemed weird at first but many people like it so, I'm not biased against this idea.

I quite like the screens, they're, imo, pleasant to my eyes.

What is the color of night?
Sanguine, my brother.

@Souriku, well as you can tell he is in the game and playable he didn't get kidnapped for long, probably more like mugged thrown into a van then beat the crap out of the people when he woke up.

Anyway it's funny I just got done reading Rocketpigs post about dying platformers due to Mario and branching out to all these other genres and Sonic is basically doing the same thing now.

But the game looks great, I'm going to get it, my DS is probably feeling lonely the last game I actually bought for it was probably early last year, I've been using it as a music/movie player lately though.

I'm really hoping they can really revive the Sonic platformers though, Sonic on the Wii is knocking on the door but they got to push on it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000