By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U pact- Invest in 3rd party on the Wii U in 2014! Less than a week to go, the Pact is coming to an end. - 128 eshop games on clearance this week!

Tagged games:

PacMan and the Ghostly Adventures 2: Rate it

A 8 9.20%

A- 3 3.45%

B+ 6 6.90%

B 8 9.20%

B- 6 6.90%

C+ 11 12.64%

C- 6 6.90%

D 6 6.90%

F 12 13.79%

Other, post below ( extre... 20 22.99%

Total:86

I bought into the whole 'buy third party games to ensure support' thing back on the WII, the second best selling home console EVER. It didn't work then. It DEFINITELY won't work on Wii U.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
VitroBahllee said:
I bought into the whole 'buy third party games to ensure support' thing back on the WII, the second best selling home console EVER. It didn't work then. It DEFINITELY won't work on Wii U.

Actually, I think it worked pretty good on it. Soooo...many games on it. Did you actually have a Wii?

Yeah I actually had a Wii - there were NOT very many core experiences. People were advocating buying every piece of crap game a company put out that wasn't minigames to 'show your support' so that Wii would finally 'get the same titles as PS3/360' and it never happened. I 'actually have' a Wii U too, and it's a CESSPOOL. Even trashy minigame compilation support by third parties is NON EXISTANT.

Why should I start spending hundreds of dollars on subpar crap to goad companies into making half-a**ed ports when I know it won't even work?

Did you have a lot of fun on the Wii playing 'Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop' or 'Dead Space: Railstraction' or 'House of the Dead: Overloaded GPU/Ridiculous Amount of Swearing?'

VitroBahllee said:

Yeah I actually had a Wii - there were NOT very many core experiences. People were advocating buying every piece of crap game a company put out that wasn't minigames to 'show your support' so that Wii would finally 'get the same titles as PS3/360' and it never happened. I 'actually have' a Wii U too, and it's a CESSPOOL. Even trashy minigame compilation support by third parties is NON EXISTANT.

Why should I start spending hundreds of dollars on subpar crap to goad companies into making half-a**ed ports when I know it won't even work?

Did you have a lot of fun on the Wii playing 'Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop' or 'Dead Space: Railstraction' or 'House of the Dead: Overloaded GPU/Ridiculous Amount of Swearing?'

Actually i did had a lot of fun with both Dead Space: Extraction and House of the Dead: Overkil. But you have to remember that we got also good support with exclusive titles that were considered "too risky" for the HD twins, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, No More Heroes 1 and 2, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Fragile Dreams, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri, Boom Blox: Bash Party, Epic Mickey, Little King's Story and so on. We may not get "the same titles as PS3/360" but there were some nice games and some third parties made an effort, maybe not a great effort, but the support was there, specially if you take into account the power differences with the other consoles.

flagstaad said:
VitroBahllee said:

Actually i did had a lot of fun with both Dead Space: Extraction and House of the Dead: Overkil. But you have to remember that we got also good support with exclusive titles that were considered "too risky" for the HD twins, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, No More Heroes 1 and 2, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Fragile Dreams, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri, Boom Blox: Bash Party, Epic Mickey, Little King's Story and so on. We may not get "the same titles as PS3/360" but there were some nice games and some third parties made an effort, maybe not a great effort, but the support was there, specially if you take into account the power differences with the other consoles.

Exactally. We know the games that got canned on wii, but we will never know which games almost got canned because low sales. For those games, every bit help. I don't expect to recieve every COD, AC and other core franchises because of this. But if every child of ligth, scriblenatus and shovel kingth we got included, so its fine for me.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

flagstaad said:
VitroBahllee said:

I totally agree that we got a ton of great games on the Wii - I had most of the games you mention and many more. But trying to force companies to make games they weren't willing to make by 'showing our support' by buying them didn't work. I LOVED the 'House of the Dead 2 & 3 Reborn,' I didn't enjoy Overkill as much because it was so glitchy. The two Resident Evil: Chronicles games ruled too!

Around the Network

I got Call of Duty Ghosts today for 10 bucks!

I will look for that Walking Dead game very soon, but it's extremely rare, so it will be hard.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I bought Pure Chess. Unfortunately, Lego Hobbit isn't available for Wii U today.

cannonballZ said:
I bought Pure Chess. Unfortunately, Lego Hobbit isn't available for Wii U today.

I don't understand why the delay on the Wii U version of that game, hey at least is a short one just 2 weeks!. Usually the Wii and Wii U editions of those games sell pretty good, they should try to give a little more priority to those.

Lego The Hobbit is a strong contender to my third party game purchase for May, but right now Amazing Spiderman 2 is leading the race. Lego Hobbit could be my June game for the pact.

bought Zombi U last week
along with Monster Hunter 2 weeks ago

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
spurgeonryan said:
I do not see why all the hate with Walking Dead. Has anyone actually gave it a chance? Reviewers play so many games that it has to be amazing for them to like something. They have "seen it all". Then gamers jump on their negativity.

I am just finishing stage 2.Visuals are fine, controls perfect, there are things to find, zombies auto regenerate and follow AI rules. It can be scary if you immerse yourself in the game.
For 19 dollars I think you all just need to give it a chance. Sadly, no coop or multiplayer. Zombie U....has been a hassle with its control setup. This is pick up and go fun. Give it a try before you try zombie U.

7.8/10 so far.

Yes, I gave it a fair try. I played through it twice. The visuals are horrible, but that didn't really bother me too much. Zombiu is way better IMO. 

Also, lucky you! I payed $50 for it brand new, as a $50 game it is a horrible purchase. As a $19 game, that might be worth it.