By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U pact- Invest in 3rd party on the Wii U in 2014! Less than a week to go, the Pact is coming to an end. - 128 eshop games on clearance this week!

Tagged games:

PacMan and the Ghostly Adventures 2: Rate it

A 8 9.20%

A- 3 3.45%

B+ 6 6.90%

B 8 9.20%

B- 6 6.90%

C+ 11 12.64%

C- 6 6.90%

D 6 6.90%

F 12 13.79%

Other, post below ( extre... 20 22.99%

Total:86
flagstaad said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Was trying to convince people to pick up a Wii U on Animal Crossing. Was not very successful, though I convinced some to get other 3DS games! xD

I understand you still don't have the console?, its harder to convince anyone if you don't have it. Here are some tips...

Ask if they already have a Wii, backwards compatibility is a huge feature. And you can mention that they don't have to buy extra controllers, and their old games work just fine.

Ask if they already played some exclusive games, like Mario 3D World, W101, Pikmin 3. Tell them how great those games are and how they are missing the fun.

Mention future releases that are exclusive for the console, like Mario Kart 8, DKC TF and Super Smash Bros, or Bayonetta 2, X (if they are more on the traditional gaming side). And tell them that you are getting those first day to play with your friends, offline and online.

And they will be at least intrigued, and hopefully interested, then is time to talk about the great value of the package, that comes with almost 2 full games, and that they don't have to pay to play online.

That usually does the trick, the hardest part is that the price is kind of high (especially in my country) but some people can afford it already, and some will start saving for Mario Kart 8 launch (in apri it seems).

Whether or not I have the console has nothing to do with it! And yes I know all that the Wii U brings to the table.

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
solidpumar said:
Playing mass effect 3, wihtouth the carried over save from 1 and 2, big mistake!

Im playing Mass Effect 3 without my Mass Effect 2 (PC) save. That sucks but the game itself is amazing, oddly enough I prefer the shooting mechanics with the Us analog sticks than my mouse and keyboard.

That is odd as I only ever hear about how much better Keyboard + Mouse is for shooters. :L

Ok, February is near, have you though about which 3rd party game (or first party) to buy for the month? I know many will choose the obvious Donkey Kong option, but maybe you have considered a 3rd party option, maybe an eShop game.

I am choosing between Spiderman and ZombiU, both at a good price, both third party.

yeah I pre-ordered DKC: TF but had to cancel because of other games stealing my money but if I can get the money I'll probably pick that

as far as 3rd-party goes I have got plenty of 3rd-party games, I didn't buy one this month as I've been saving up money for all the games coming out in February (next month) but eh, I have:

Rayman Legends
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
ZombiU
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Assassin's Creed III
The Wonderful 101
Sonic Lost World

Not only have I possibly forgotten a couple games but I'm missing out on actually owning quite a few good games (ACIV, Batman, and Darksiders come to mind first, but there are others) so I could totally see myself buying once a month. I feel like I'm more likely to buy 4-5 at one time as soon as my backlog clears up enough for me to do so though haha

flagstaad said:
Ok, February is near, have you though about which 3rd party game (or first party) to buy for the month? I know many will choose the obvious Donkey Kong option, but maybe you have considered a 3rd party option, maybe an eShop game.

I am choosing between Spiderman and ZombiU, both at a good price, both third party.

I am getting the new Lego Movie Video Game coming out on the 7th and definitely picking up DKC: TF

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:

I am getting the new Lego Movie Video Game coming out on the 7th and definitely picking up DKC: TF

DKC: TF is a safe choice, the other one I don't know anything about, Lego games are fun but I only play them with my wife and she is way behind her gaming schedule, so I missed a lot of those games... Lego Batman 2 is another good option if there is a month with not interesting games coming out for the Wii U.

damn im struggling with this game drought, shoudl have paced myself with my game purchases in 2013 lol.

I look forward to Watch Dogs, Bayonetta 2 and X for new releases. But i want to get ZombiU, Lego City Undercover and maybe Sonic Lost World. There are probably over 3rd parties too.

I'm probably too late to join the pact now. Only 2 days of January left.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

spurgeonryan said:
Cobretti2 said:
damn im struggling with this game drought, shoudl have paced myself with my game purchases in 2013 lol.

Once my tax return comes I will be caught up. Then I will be forced to buy those cheap third party games such as Fast and furious, wipeout, angry birds, ESPN, etc. Lol

Watch Dogs, Smash, and others will help as they come though. I will probably have to start buying eshop and VC games as well.

I have no interest in Wii play or is it party? Or Wii fit U.

But all this is just because I seem to be buying 5-6 Wii U games a month.

Sadly....I have been spending most my time on Zelda and Xenoblade as of late though.....

Unless someone wants to have a online tourney for some 3rd party game? I have Tekken and 007 legends off the top of my head!

Would it help nintendo if they allowed gamers to test their games? Just one level of upcoming games. Kind of like a demo. One level and 2-3 characters of smash with online would be awesome and could probably push sales of Wii U! Same with a track and two carts in Mario Kart U! I would buy a wii U just to play them! Or purchase those demos. they could charge 5 bucks and people would buy them.

I really hate digital sales so I avoid them at all costs unless a dev has shown comittment.

Lately I been buying N64 games to feel gaps in my collection lol.

Tekken is sold out here so I ma buy it on feebay. 007 Legends got cancelled so I never got it. As did Ninja Gaiden (they did release eshop only but fuck that lol)

spurgeonryan said:
Cobretti2 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Once my tax return comes I will be caught up. Then I will be forced to buy those cheap third party games such as Fast and furious, wipeout, angry birds, ESPN, etc. Lol

Watch Dogs, Smash, and others will help as they come though. I will probably have to start buying eshop and VC games as well.

I have no interest in Wii play or is it party? Or Wii fit U.

But all this is just because I seem to be buying 5-6 Wii U games a month.

Sadly....I have been spending most my time on Zelda and Xenoblade as of late though.....

Unless someone wants to have a online tourney for some 3rd party game? I have Tekken and 007 legends off the top of my head!

Would it help nintendo if they allowed gamers to test their games? Just one level of upcoming games. Kind of like a demo. One level and 2-3 characters of smash with online would be awesome and could probably push sales of Wii U! Same with a track and two carts in Mario Kart U! I would buy a wii U just to play them! Or purchase those demos. they could charge 5 bucks and people would buy them.

I really hate digital sales so I avoid them at all costs unless a dev has shown comittment.

Lately I been buying N64 games to feel gaps in my collection lol.

Tekken is sold out here so I ma buy it on feebay. 007 Legends got cancelled so I never got it. As did Ninja Gaiden (they did release eshop only but fuck that lol)

I have been searching, but cannot find anymore N64 games that I need. Besides Nintendo DD and Japanese games. Found a bunch of cheap PSP games finally though!

Ninja Gaiden is supposed to be the definitive version on the Wii U. I am told. Can you not get 007 on Digital? I know you do not want to. The problem with digital is that they are charging full price when many places are selling these games for 10-40 dollars. I may get 3D world on digital though. Not sure.

007 legends was not localised here, it got pulled after the poor sale sin EU i guess. Same with Ninja Gaiden (but at least there is digital, which i will only ocnside rif it drops from the $80 it costs).

As fo rmy N64 crusade, it has sorta turned into must have 100 boxed games lol. I was close with 50 when i was a kid then I have expanded to about 80 now.. Then when I rech that goal it may become must have them all. However PAL versions are not cheap especially in AUS due to rarity, kind of fun collecting these rare games lol.