By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One: over 3 million sold to consumers in 2013

Fusioncode said:
I wonder if Kaz will announce 4m for PS4 at the CES keynote. Would be a funny blow to Microsoft.

Considering Kaz is at CES just today, i'm sure Microsoft announce this numbers now, before PS4 numbers, to not being compared negatively because i'm sure Sony will announce they've sold 4-5 million WW.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Fusioncode said:
I wonder if Kaz will announce 4m for PS4 at the CES keynote. Would be a funny blow to Microsoft.

Not in the slightest.

Ms wil be happy right now.

Yeah it's funny how some people don't have a clue. I don't want to be harsh but people should understand the proportions, the realities and the circumstances. If it's truly 4 million versus 3 million sold to customers, then that's a huge victory for MS under the circumstances of 2013 (always on E3 PR fiasco for MS combined with a steep launch price of $500). If this is 3 million Xbones sold to customers I see a similarity to the Kinect first Holiday sales success back a few years ago that took everyone by surprise.

Good job VGC. BTW:

"2014 will be a promising year with many more great games on the way for Xbox One including “Titanfall,” “Watch_Dogs,” “Project Spark,” “Sunset Overdrive,” “Tom Clancy’s The Division,” “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,” “Destiny,” “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare,” and “The Elder Scrolls Online,” among others."

No Halo in 2014?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Yeah vgc is awfully close on this one.

Numbers from my post in another thread...

US: 909k in two weeks
UK: 364k in 2013 (six weeks)
France: ~50k in two weeks
Spain: ~28k in four weeks
Aus: 67k in two weeks

Most places meeds more 4 weeks of sales and there are Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, and New Zealand.

Using doubles estimated sales for these countries we knows the sales except US for two weeks we have:

France: ~100k in 2013
Spain: 60k in 2013
Aus: 130k in 2013

All sales estimated sales: 1,563 for 2013 in these countries plus US November.

So 1.4 million for 2013 in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, and New Zealand + US December?

US 1 million in December? 400k in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, and New Zealand for 2013?

Something close to that.

Around the Network

Expecting to see 1.3m for december NPD.

Turkish said:

Too high for 3 million in these 13 countries... Germany alone did over 100k in 2013 I guess.

My bet is close to 1 million.

And Sony did better in December NPD because they didn't said anyting about December in the PR or any leading/bestselling word for 2013 US.

Slimebeast said:
How can that freaking be? If it's really sold to end-customers then that's more than anyone had anticipated, including me (my long standing prediction was always 4 mill PS4s and 2.5 million Xbones before end of 2013).

That's amazing. With the always online fiasco and $500 price, how can that be? Publishers must be really happy that Xbone selling so well despite everything. And gaming magazines and the whole industry must be excited and taken by suprise too. When you surf online on the internet you hardly meet any new Xbox recruit, it's all about PS4.

Good launch line up with a nice list of indies in december, 2014 has a lot of potential with games like, Titanfall/project spark/that Fable game/Halo 5/Sunset overdrive/plants vs zombies war game/that remedy game and more stuff I forgot and possible be announced/and oh yeah their are some third party games aswell... 

ethomaz said:
Turkish said:

Too high for 3 million in these 13 countries... Germany alone did over 100k in 2013 I guess.

My bet is close to 1 million.

And Sony did better in December NPD because they didn't said anyting about December in the PR or any leading/bestselling word for 2013 US.

909k for nov NPD

364 for UK in 2013

~600k elshewhere in 11 markets, this number is very optimistic though

so dec NPD likely between 1m and 1.3m?

Troll_Whisperer said:
Good job VGC. BTW:

"2014 will be a promising year with many more great games on the way for Xbox One including “Titanfall,” “Watch_Dogs,” “Project Spark,” “Sunset Overdrive,” “Tom Clancy’s The Division,” “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,” “Destiny,” “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare,” and “The Elder Scrolls Online,” among others."

No Halo in 2014?

Not yet announced or not sure it will make 2014..