By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Dark Side of Gaming - WoW addiction causing broken marriages and lives

I saw this on Yahoo and found it an interesting read.  It makes a person wonder how many lives have been badly affected by videogame addiction, particularly because of MMORPGs.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/wedding-woes-the-dark-side-of-warcraft/1186366

Wedding Woes: The Dark Side of Warcraft

Popular online PC game is causing marital discord.

Around the Network

this is WoW.... all this is known...

if WoW didnt exist there would be more steam users. WoW needs to be shut down.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

yeah its kinda sad. ive already vowed to myself to never play WoW

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Well this was a huge problem in China when I was there.

A lot of (boys) students worked(Studying hard and working in fields) whole their youth to have money to go to a University in China.

But on those Universities the most plays Videogames for the first time and I can say you it is heartbreaking to see this game ruin people their lifes...

It is their joice but it was the first time in my life that I thought 'Damned gaming is dangerous' especially when someone has played so much that he had to go to a hospital for months and then go to a centre where he has to be cured of his addicting problem...

Well that is my personal view about it...

What I found sad about the article was that even after his marriage was destroyed by the game he still continues to play it.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
What I found sad about the article was that even after his marriage was destroyed by the game he still continues to play the game.

Agreed, Just proves how addicted he is.

though I cant really relate with him since I never got addicted to a game before..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

MMORPGs are a big problem nowadays, people will choose them over their real life activities... A lot of people get attracted to them everyday, and then getting out is almost impossible(I played a game for 2 years).

I wish they had time limits per ip or per account so people could actually play it for fun and not seriously.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Ragnarok nearly did this to me, one of my mates keeps hassling me to play WoW, but I know how addictive it could get, so I refuse to ever start a file.

I'm innocent I tell you.

This is the very reason I don't play MMORPG's.