By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the X1 ever be able to pass the Wii U?

Probably
Titanfall could give it a push but i think the One Version won't get all the benefits of that IP cause of the 360 Version.
Halo 5 will give it the push it needs and after that probably CoD will do the same if they advertise it heavily for the One even if it is 1:1 on the 360 available.With Halo and the USA you don't need Japan that much.Both are lost in Europe but USA > Japan.
The One will pass the WiiU - But it won't be as easy as it is for the PS4.

All of that of course if Nintendo doesn't suddenly drop the price of the WiiU.

Around the Network

Easy

warhammer777 said:

Its already getting outsold by the Wii U. And the Wii U has much better exclusives coming up in 2014.

Why are people saying Wii U is outselling X1? Am I missing something?

Wii U sold 2.2 at the end of 2012. X1 is over 2.5 million and the 2013 numbers aren't all in yet.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It will probably happen this year.

probably, by the fall

Around the Network
lt_dan_27 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Not unless it cracks the Japanese code.

So no.

Maybe if Microsoft immediately dumps the 360 like they did the original xbox.

agree? or what do you think mister/misses sales expert?

They dumped the xbox immediately because it was a horrible selling console, and  they could never dream of making a profit. The 360 is still very profitable. The xbox one will overtake the wiiU pretty fast. In just a couple of weeks, it was at half the sales. I don't see the wiiU's current sales being a new trend. I'm betting they die down by the end of January.  The sales being recorded are still from christmas, so I'm betting they drop off pretty sharply afterward. I think the ps4 will overtake the wiiU by the end of January, and the xbox one will overtake the wiiU by spring. 

While I agree that One will outsell Wii U at some point, saying One is already at half its sales doesnt really say much considering Wii U had similar launch sales in 2012 but dropped immediately. One is already doing pretty poor in Europe without stock issues and sales in Japan will have little to no affect on sales. That basically leaves America as a place that One can soundly outsell Wii U but with PS4 likely being the preffered console among hardcore gamers and the $300 vs $500 price difference between One and U, its possible that the difference wont be huge.

I wouldnt be surprised if One has a huge drop off in the early part of this year, not as bad as Wii U drop off was last year due to 3rd party support and TitanFall but most of its games will be on PS3/360/PS4/PC so its not a gaurantee that sales will remain very strong.

On the other hand, Wii U sales have been strong in Japan recently and there have been alot of reports of Wii U selling out in America which is most likely because retailers didnt order alot but it at least shows there has been demand for it over the holidays. Whether or not this is just a holiday boost remains to be seen but with Donkey Kong releasing in Feb and Mario Kart likely in April, there is a strong chance that Wii U sales remain steady throughout the early parts of the year.

With that said, I do believe Xbox One will pass Wii U eventually just not necessarily as early as u believe. Once Halo releases and a price cut happens then I see sales picking up drastically. Maybe late 2014 or some time in 2015.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
lt_dan_27 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Not unless it cracks the Japanese code.

So no.

Maybe if Microsoft immediately dumps the 360 like they did the original xbox.

agree? or what do you think mister/misses sales expert?

They dumped the xbox immediately because it was a horrible selling console, and  they could never dream of making a profit. The 360 is still very profitable. The xbox one will overtake the wiiU pretty fast. In just a couple of weeks, it was at half the sales. I don't see the wiiU's current sales being a new trend. I'm betting they die down by the end of January.  The sales being recorded are still from christmas, so I'm betting they drop off pretty sharply afterward. I think the ps4 will overtake the wiiU by the end of January, and the xbox one will overtake the wiiU by spring. 

While I agree that One will outsell Wii U at some point, saying One is already at half its sales doesnt really say much considering Wii U had similar launch sales in 2012 but dropped immediately. One is already doing pretty poor in Europe without stock issues and sales in Japan will have little to no affect on sales. That basically leaves America as a place that One can soundly outsell Wii U but with PS4 likely being the preffered console among hardcore gamers and the $300 vs $500 price difference between One and U, its possible that the difference wont be huge.

I wouldnt be surprised if One has a huge drop off in the early part of this year, not as bad as Wii U drop off was last year due to 3rd party support and TitanFall but most of its games will be on PS3/360/PS4/PC so its not a gaurantee that sales will remain very strong.

On the other hand, Wii U sales have been strong in Japan recently and there have been alot of reports of Wii U selling out in America which is most likely because retailers didnt order alot but it at least shows there has been demand for it over the holidays. Whether or not this is just a holiday boost remains to be seen but with Donkey Kong releasing in Feb and Mario Kart likely in April, there is a strong chance that Wii U sales remain steady throughout the early parts of the year.

With that said, I do believe Xbox One will pass Wii U eventually just not necessarily as early as u believe. Once Halo releases and a price cut happens then I see sales picking up drastically. Maybe late 2014 or some time in 2015.

Dont try to bring much sense here. in some minds it already has happened (Xbox passing WiiU)

Nice post. i agree .

No problem at all. Trust me.

Xbox one might pass Wii U, then again it might not. Many people here talk as if the Wii U isnt going to sell another console. Also its like Wii U isnt allowed to improve either "Wii U is doomed and Nintendo are to lie down and die, they arent allowed to market it and release high profile games to boost sales" all because the internet says so.

Who wanna bet against it? It isn't about might / possible , etc. It will!

Ex Graphics Whore.