By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect's 300 Greatest Games of All Time

36 of my Top 50 made it into the list. Up from 28 in 2012. I feel less hipster now.

@Smeags Such a beautiful thread. It was a joy going over each game in the list. Thank you so much for doing this.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Smeags said:

@Outlaw and Yo_John

Thanks guys. I think you two deserve the "fashionably late" award.

Hey I was just going by my personal procrastination creed of "The first shall be last, and the last shall be first." 

So in the event that an arbitrary count was done I'd be like top three or something awesome like that!

That's your personal creed?  

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
yo_john117 said:
Smeags said:

@Outlaw and Yo_John

Thanks guys. I think you two deserve the "fashionably late" award.

Hey I was just going by my personal procrastination creed of "The first shall be last, and the last shall be first." 

So in the event that an arbitrary count was done I'd be like top three or something awesome like that!

That's your personal creed?  

Hey where do you think I got it from?

Although it took the better part of half an hour to load all of the banners (and stop the page scrolling because of it), it's a very impressive list. Nicely done.

Holy shit. Impressive work compiling this massive list.

Interesting read as always. You're doing all of us a great favor.

Around the Network

Impressive list, thanks for the hard work Smeags. A couple of surprises... Mario Kart Wii seems really high... Sonic the Hedgehog 2 only at 66 :(. It's amazing how many great games are out there.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Dragon Quest VIII at 200 :( and Tales of Symphonia at 300:( , even Pokemon Snap was above ToS :(

Smeags said:
Michael-5 said:

If it wasn't for your threads I'd be gone a long time ago. I joined VGC for the "Most Wanted" threads. I stayed for the "Vote your top 50 games ever" threads.

I was going to post an insightful and meaningful reply, but then I remembered I have to beat others over the head with Gran Turismo vs. Forza graphical comparisons and spread the glory of my console exclusives, despite the fact that they aren't actually very good (but they're exclusive!).

*maniacal laughter*

Yeah, I'll stop now. I'm tired. And Dragon Age: Origins isn't finished installing yet. -_-

Oooooh. Enjoy! I'd love to be able to experience that game for the first time again... or like the other 6 times at least!

Anyway, great work again Smeags. I love these threads and it's nice to see Deus Ex got some extra love this year. I noticed the few people that voted for Deus Ex tended to place it fairly high... so if anyone hasn't played Deus Ex... PLAY IT!

Ahem...

I've played 119 of the Top 300 games. I still have a long way to go.

Signature goes here!

Amazing work Smeags ,
Happy to see Uncharted 2 in the top 10 games .
good to see RE 4 , RDR , GTA SA , TLOU , MGS 3 and GTA V in a high position .
only one problem , Prince of Persia : TSOT is at 292 . I thought it would be higher . .