By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect's 300 Greatest Games of All Time

Incredible effort on this sir. You are a pillar of this community. The list itself is a reminder of the deep Nintendo roots VGC will always have and I thank you for your efforts on our behalf. I do however disagree with the placement of every single one. :p

Around the Network

Hey thanks again dude. Great job on this. It was fun. I love the pics you used for Super Metroid and Assassin's Creed 2 also. Never seen either of those and they are badass. Some puzzling surprises in the order, but once you get to the top 50 it seems totally legit.  I like Super Metroid way more than the 3 SNES games that beat it.  I was surprised by that.  Also, how did battlefield 3 make the list?  and ZombiU?  LOL.  I love that Bioshock made it so high.  I think it is a much cooler game than Infinite.  Good to see Castlevania 3 get some love.  That game is a timeless masterpiece that was way ahead of its time in terms of graphics, sound, and spanning gameplay.  I'm surprised there isn't more Quake 3 love.  That multiplayer was so popular, it is still played today by many people 15 years after release.  My 2013 choice (TLOU) will stay on the list somewhere next year, and Assassin's Creed 4 surely will be added on.  My final Thought on the very tops especially the top 5 is that a lot of people voted who play Nintendo only....Mario games are awesome but 4 in the top 5 seems stacked.  See you next time, very nyce, great successa.

@Recon and SoulFly

Thank you both. It really was a time sink, but in the end I'm quite proud of the work I put in. So your kind words are much appreciated.

As for the banners, that probably took the longest. I got all of them from GameWise (ioi's Database site), and I probably made 1/3 of all those. @_@

Smeags said:
Zekkyou said:
Captains log Day 372:
We have found ourselves half way through the thread. There are rumors spreading among the men, rumors that the list never ends. I have assured them that every list must end, but even I am begging to have doubts.
All we can do is hope to find Final fantasy 9 at the number one spot. It is all that keeps us going.

*laughs*

Good lord, I haven't laughed like that in a while. Must be the sea madness.

You appear to have made a mistake, FF9 is at the no. 50 spot.

Anyway, nicely done list ^^ Must have been a lot of work.

Awesome work Smeags !

1,044 games, organizing them all to come to these lists, major props.

It's a great list, with only great games, it should remind everyone here why we play them. Mario domination in the top 10, didn't expect that to this extend. Ocarina of Time remaining at #1 warms my heart, the game is truly unbeatable, though it saddens me a tiny bit that Twilight Princess dropped a few places.
What saddens me most though is how MediEvil is not on the PS1 top 20... What happened to you Sony fans ?!

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Awesome work Smeags !

It's a great list, with only great games. Mario domination in the top 10, didn't expect that. Ocarina of Time remaining at #1 warms my heart, the game is truly unbeatable, though it saddens me a tiny bit that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword drops a few places.
What saddens me most though is how MediEvil is not on the PS1 top 20... What happened to you Sony fans ?!

Medievil was 402nd overall. Sorry for your loss.

m0ney said:
Couldn't disagree more with this list

You can help rectify this next year by submitting your own Top 50.

Signature goes here!

Smeags said:
S.Peelman said:
Awesome work Smeags !

It's a great list, with only great games. Mario domination in the top 10, didn't expect that. Ocarina of Time remaining at #1 warms my heart, the game is truly unbeatable, though it saddens me a tiny bit that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword drops a few places.

Medievil was 402nd overall. Sorry for your loss.

Mmm, it wasn't even close then lol !

18 games in the top 50 I've never played. Going to try my best to play them before November!

What can you say? When a man sacrifices his personal life for the well being of some forum posters just to make this list... Amazing work Smeags! Not to mention the banners,some of themare really beautiful (like the DK one).

Have to say I'm pretty happy with the list as a whole, not to mention the top. Xenoblade impressed me a lot as well, grabbing the place over Skyrim is pretty darn good (concidering Monolith wants to draw inspiration from Skyrim). The lack of Endless Ocean 2 is sad though, but seeing as I didn't vote I suppose I'm the one to blame.