By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect's 300 Greatest Games of All Time

The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow in the top 20 was Uncharted 2. Great game, but top 20? Whatever.

Lack of Sonic CD in the whole list made me sad. If I thought about it more I could probably come up with others. I might have to participate next time.

Great banners!

(131 played)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

This site is very nintendo centric lol

decet list of games. Needs more megadrive, Mastersystem support

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

AshKetchum1992 said:
I noticed that Majora's Mask isn't on the N64 list, it should be right below Mario Kart 64

SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE!

I voted MM at about 40, OoT barely makes my list and I'm probably going to cut it next year for some new awesome stuff.

----

Then again, Mario Party 2 didn't make the list, or the top 300, and I voted that #1.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

axumblade said:
Game 2013 2012 2011 2010
Pokemon Red/Blue 20 6 12 (45)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19 20 (NR) (NR)
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker 18 17 19 15
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 17 11 10 (42)
Metroid Prime 16 15 15 11
Final Fantasy VII 15 16 4 (21)
Final Fantasy VI 14 13 (22) 3
Super Metroid 13 (42) (23) (51)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 12 8 11 7
Super Mario Bros 3 11 (25) 14 13
Chrono Trigger 10 10 3 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee 9 14 17 (45)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 8 19 13 6
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 7 5 8 9
Resident Evil 4 6 3 7 (22)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 5 9 6 10
Super Mario World 4 7 5 14
Super Mario Galaxy 3 4 9 5
Super Mario 64 2 2 2 4
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 1 1 1 1
Mario Kart 64 (21) 12 (24) (56)
Bioshock (35) 18 (33) 20
Final Fantasy X (31) (21) 16 18
Mass Effect 2 (25) (22) 18 16
Final Fantasy IX (50) (65) 20 (29)
Shadow of the Collosus (22) (29) (25) 8
Final Fantasy IV (40) (66) (32) 12
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (29) (23) (21) 16
Okami (57) (82) (63) 19

Just in case anybody is curious how the games stacked up in previous years. I only did the top 20 of each year because I'm lazy. :/ Give me a break, no way I could compete with the awesomeness that is Smeags. :D 

This is really interesting.

A lot of these games have remained remarkably consistent while others are all over the place.

Based on its trajectory, I think Super Metroid could crack the top 10 next year.

Thanks for this, Axum

Cool. Great list. Congrats once again. ^^

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

This is really interesting.

A lot of these games have remained remarkably consistent while others are all over the place.

Based on its trajectory, I think Super Metroid could crack the top 10 next year.

Thanks for this, Axum

I think Super Metroid was helped greatly by the 30 cents promotion that Nintendo had in its e-shop. Lots of people got to discover this masterpiece for the first time.

Signature goes here!

No Legacy of Kain = fail in my book.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Just the thought of the Excel spreadsheet you must've used for this scares the shit out of me. Nice job, Smeags.

So how far behind did Crusader Kings II rank?

Tell it to me straight, doc.

Korppi said:

Just the thought of the Excel spreadsheet you must've used for this scares the shit out of me. Nice job, Smeags.

So how far behind did Crusader Kings II rank?

Tell it to me straight, doc.

Yeah... the Excel Spreadsheet is... *shivers* Be strong Smeags. It can't hurt me anymore.

Crusader Kings II is ranked 382nd. Close, but no cigar. You and Kantor were the only ones to vote for it.

@AshKetchum

Good catch. I'ved a few games on the console-specific lists. Will fix now. ^_^

Oh man, maybe if I was here when all this was getting compiled, then the best thing ever would have made the list.

I guess you'll have to check out    P.N.03    in your own time.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3