By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

Zero999 said:
Iamdamilkman said:
Zero999 said:

"2 games"

You heard it first here, folks. wii u only has two games in 2014 and it's situation didn't get any better already.

Thats not what he said you took that completely out of context. He was just quoting what another poster said about those 2 games making such a huge difference (They won"t).

keep believing two of the biggest franchises in the industry won't do anything.

keep believing the will do something

They will do something. But not what you or diet is thinking.

Around the Network
DietSoap said:

$100, there was a $299 SKU right from launch.

Nitpicking aside, I take it you're not confident in what you're said earlier? You see how likely it is now they'll drop it to $200 and still make a profit in 2014 and every quarter of 2015? Or do you want to take the bet after all?

Which the discontinued because of horrific sales. Then dropped the price of another model to stimulate demand... which failed

Iamdamilkman said:
DietSoap said:
Iamdamilkman said:
DietSoap said:
Max King of the Wild said:
DietSoap said:

And lol, yeah you better hope they don't drop it to $200, because the Wii U is going to absolutely crush the One and PS4 when it does.

and put Nintendo into the red for years to come

How would you like to make a bet that not only will they drop it to $200 in 2014 (really now, I can't believe you think a $100 price drop after 2 years, the industry standard, is crazy), but they will continue to make an overall profit for 2014 and 2015?

Hell, I'll even raise the stakes and say they'll have an overall profit for every quarter in 2015. How about it?

Lets bet ps4 surpassess wii-u this year..Gamecube had those games what diff did it make?

That's a seperate bet, but I'll take it as long as we're talking full year 2014 sales rather than the PS4 simply passing it for like 2 weeks before Mario Kart comes out. What are your conditions for winner/loser?

Yes year 2014 sales.....Easiest bet I will have ever won. If I win you have to put a sig for a year, IAMDAMILKMAN was right, PS4 is a beast and outsold wii-u in 2014.

Haha alright you got it. If I win, you put "I can't believe I doubted the Wii U, Dietsoap was right all along".

DietSoap said:
Iamdamilkman said:
DietSoap said:
Iamdamilkman said:
DietSoap said:
DietSoap said:

And lol, yeah you better hope they don't drop it to $200, because the Wii U is going to absolutely crush the One and PS4 when it does.

and put Nintendo into the red for years to come

How would you like to make a bet that not only will they drop it to $200 in 2014 (really now, I can't believe you think a $100 price drop after 2 years, the industry standard, is crazy), but they will continue to make an overall profit for 2014 and 2015?

Hell, I'll even raise the stakes and say they'll have an overall profit for every quarter in 2015. How about it?

Lets bet ps4 surpassess wii-u this year..Gamecube had those games what diff did it make?

That's a seperate bet, but I'll take it as long as we're talking full year 2014 sales rather than the PS4 simply passing it for like 2 weeks before Mario Kart comes out. What are your conditions for winner/loser?

Yes year 2014 sales.....Easiest bet I will have ever won. If I win you have to put a sig for a year, IAMDAMILKMAN was right, PS4 is a beast and outsold wii-u in 2014.

Haha alright you got it. If I win, you put "I can't believe I doubted the Wii U, Dietsoap was right all along".

Sounds good, your predicting what no one in the industry is lol, good luck.

DietSoap said:

Nitpicking aside, I take it you're not confident in what you're said earlier? You see how likely it is now they'll drop it to $200 and still make a profit in 2014 and every quarter of 2015? Or do you want to take the bet after all?

Which the discontinued because of horrific sales. Then dropped the price of another model to stimulate demand... which failed

So you don't believe what you're saying... Alright then. :P

Around the Network

Amazing how dilusional a few nintendo fans are in this thread, gonna be major crow here.

DietSoap said:
DietSoap said:

Well, a desperate company is sometimes unpredictable and Nintendo is very desperate right now with Wii U sales. They did it for the gamecube but were profiting from it from the start unlike the Wii U. But fine, I'll take your bet. Sig and avatar control for 6 months. Nintendo will not officially cut the Wii U's price by 1/3rd in any region

Man, this one comment from Pachter isn't worth any of the arguments taking place in this thread. Come on guys, PS4 passing Wii U is an inevitability at this point. What does it matter when it happens? What does it matter if Pachter is off by a month or two or six? There's no point getting up in arms over this.

DietSoap said:
DietSoap said:

Well, a desperate company is sometimes unpredictable and Nintendo is very desperate right now with Wii U sales. They did it for the gamecube but were profiting from it from the start unlike the Wii U. But fine, I'll take your bet. Sig and avatar control for 6 months. Nintendo will not officially cut the Wii U's price by 1/3rd in any region

I want to be clear again, it's an official price drop to $200 in 2014 and an overall profit for 2014, as well as every indivual quarter in 2015 (meaning if even the first quarter is an overall net loss, you win), but the conditions sound good.

DietSoap said:

I want to be clear again, it's an official price drop to $200 in 2014 and an overall profit for 2014, as well as every indivual quarter in 2015 (meaning if even the first quarter is an overall net loss, you win), but the conditions sound good.

I will win without worrying about forcasts considering Nintendo will never drop the price by $100 this year