By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Update: Xbox One outsells Vita, WiiU in Europe (latest charts)

pezus said:
Viper1 said:
It's Europe. Nintendo's worst territory and Sony's strongest.

Yeah, but what about One?

MS usually does really well in the UK but much less so in the mainland of Europe.

I'm not saying any of these to take away from the success of the sales leader but to remind others that territories often play favorites...sometimes very heavily (such as Japan).

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
I love how PS guys discredit the 3DS in sales conversations and then turn around and post stuff like this.

I've never done that lol I tell everyone that the only company that will succeed in the handheld market is Nintendo.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

The most important region is always the one that Sony does well in. Usually it's Europe, but if Sony's product isn't doing well in all of Europe, it could shift to a smaller subset of Europe like the UK.

Europe is the biggest market by revenue but then its fragmented by different languages, taxation, currencies (mainly euro though) and other distribution issues. In the UK its normal trading practice to offer a 1 year guarantee but in mainland Europe there is a 2 year minimum guarantee by law.

Euroland definitely seems to be a Sony stronghold though. That said the original wii still does very well over here.

Viper1 said:

Viper, I know I've asked you before and the answer has always been 'NO' but are you the same Viper that used to frequent E-mpire? Same name (plus 1) and same pic. If I'm mistaken then sorry but if I'm not, get your backside over there, we miss you. You can be in two places at once on the internet!

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Troll thread.

OT: I like handhelds, so this is good.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

GribbleGrunger said:
Viper1 said:

Viper, I know I've asked you before and the answer has always been 'NO' but are you the same Viper that used to frequent E=mpire? Same name (plus 1) and sme pic.

Well, I did change your username over there for you so I may as well admit it.  Yes.

In due time I'll return.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Zelhawks37 said:
Troll thread.

OT: I like handhelds, so this is good.

It would be remiss of me if I didn't agree with you. I've just explained in one thread why we shouldn't compare consoles to handhelds and now I find myself in a thread by the same person that wanted to keep them separate (as did I) and suddenly the comparison is 'relevent'. Gotta love this site.

The PS5 Exists. 

Viper1 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Viper1 said:

Viper, I know I've asked you before and the answer has always been 'NO' but are you the same Viper that used to frequent E=mpire? Same name (plus 1) and sme pic.

Well, I did change your username over there for you so I may as well admit it.  Yes.

In due time I'll return.

Hey there, fella! I used to love our debates (arguments). lots of people (incuding me) miss you a lot. Happy new year! Looking forward to your return, Viper. Expect vitriol, complete rejection but lots of love :)

The PS5 Exists. 

Europe can tell where their quality portable gaming is. :P