By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Games with Gold January revealed 'Sleeping Dogs' and 'Lara croft: GOLD'

Starting to up their offerings. Lets hope they keep it this way and announce the x1 program soon!

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Finally a good game!

Fixed.

And I agree.  Sleeping Dogs is awesome.

Never played either. Will though

I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs way more than GTA 4

You know I bought Sleeping Dogs on 360 on day one and I still haven't played more than 20 minutes of it yet. I really need to show some restraint.

Around the Network

Sleaping Dogs is Awesome. I thing Lara corft: GOLD is the first free with gold I didn't already have that I want.

pokoko said:

I don't know how it works with Live--I assume it's roughly the same--but the discounts that come with PS+ are as important for me as the free games.  I can make up the annual fee with that alone.

Yeah. The games with Gold may not be that great. But the discounts thoughout the year on other games more than pay for the subscription for me. Well that and I buy gold when it goes on sale for about $30.

Good for those who never played them. Well worth it. Sleeping dogs was awesome

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

pokoko said:
GamechaserBE said:
I think I prefer massive sales than giving away games on XBLA/PSN.. I always have the games they give :s...or atleast the one I am interested in..oh well.

I don't know how it works with Live--I assume it's roughly the same--but the discounts that come with PS+ are as important for me as the free games.  I can make up the annual fee with that alone.

It works like this:  Brothers a tale of Two Sons came out this summer as part of the 'Summer of Arcade' package/feature.  It has won several awards and was $15 USD, now it is on sale for $5 USD. For this week.

Last year I picked up The Walking Dead at a similar discount, and the first eppisode was free.  There is usually a theme for the weekly/limited specials.  It's great when the game you are wanting comes up for sale.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

sully1311 said:
Sleeping Dogs is such a good game! So underrated.

I played it on PC and highly enjoyed it.

I don't have either of these games. Microsoft has been good to me in this so far, I haven't had ANY of the games that they've given away in Games for Gold (except Fable 3, but I had the disc version, not digital).