By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite console of all time?

Your favorite console ever?

Xbox 8 2.16%

Xbox 360 29 7.84%

Playstation 3 37 10.00%

PS2 69 18.65%

PS1 23 6.22%

N64 34 9.19%

Gamecube/Wii 40 10.81%

SNES 66 17.84%

NES 19 5.14%

Handheld/Sega/Other (lack... 44 11.89%

Total:369

The Nintendo 64, but the funny thing is that I didn't even play a lot of it. I used to masturbate psychologically when I saw the console. I always told my mom I wanted one but she always said we didn't have money to buy it...

So I could only play it at a friends house... who didn't even let me touch the games he had. He showed me Ocarina of Time and I was blown away by it. I kept pestering him to let me try to do something in the game, ANYTHING. He Let me throw a rock at an enemy... it was awesome.

I later grew up and emulated the shit out of it. Best console I never owned.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I'd say it's a tie between NES and Wii. NES because of what it meant for my childhood in the late 80's and early 90's, and Wii bacuse it's the closest I've come to re-live my childhood as an adult.

SNES, my first home console. I got it 20 years ago with Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Turtles in Time. I played the shit out of it with my friends.

PS2.

At that time my mom wanted to know if I wanted a car, I told her get me a PS2 instead and the rest is history, lol!

Korppi said:
DerpSandwich said:
Korppi said:

Because voting for the Wii would amount to just voting for the GameCube twice.

I picked the Super Nintendo, even though I technically haven't played a single Super Nintendo game on an actual Super Nintendo.

But the games you played were still Super Nintendo games.  Playing Gamecube games on a Wii is still playing Gamecube games.  They're two different platforms, regardless of backwards compatibility.

I guess you're not familiar with the manufacturing process of Wii consoles. You should ask Chris Hecker about it.

I'm aware that they're very similar and nearly identical in power.  But they're still two different platforms released during two different generations.  My favorite games are Gamecube games, and not Wii games.  I don't really understand how it's even up for debate, to be honest.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

I was going to choose Gamecube, but you lumped it in with the Wii....Ew.

tough choice

I've had a lot of fun with:

n64
xbox
DS

hard to pick an absolute fav.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

360 best console all time