By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps4 and WiiU mostly Out of Stock through out Christmas according to nowinstock.net

I've seen more XB1 in the wild than the other two at several retail stores I've been to just before Christmas. Ive seen a few Wii U in some stores and some stores were out of stock. In 2 stores they had 1 PS4 in stock each, (a local Best Buy and a Target), and one Walmart had 2 PS4, the rest of the stores were out. Overall, I think each of the big 3 will be satisfied with what they sell.

Around the Network

Sony seems to be selling whatever they get in stock within 24 hrs, while the Xbox seems to take days/weeks to sell out, if it sells out. I think it has more to do with demand than it does with supply. On Amazon, for example, the PS4 got more stock a couple of days ago and was sold out before anyone really noticed it. It moved to #1 for a few hours, so it must have had decent stock. It's still #9. The Xbox One, on the other hand, has been in stock for days now, still has over 1K in stock, but only reached #10 and is moving down now. Again, it is still in stock.

Kudos to MS for supplying enough consoles to meet the demand.

J_Allard said:

Well, since they are still on shelves, I guess you mean enough to exceed demand. 

How much time till ps4 stop sould out?

Edit: And lets make a bet: what is more accurate, this this site or vgchartz?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

PS4 is sold out in Europe while XBOne is readily available and doesn't need lots of stock, so MS has 200K+ available to sell to US alone.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
PS4 is sold out in Europe while XBOne is readily available and doesn't need lots of stock, so MS has 200K+ available to sell to US alone.

Well, considering they seem to have plenty at Amazon, and I saw a few at local retail stores, I'm guessing they probably don't need to shift too many units to the US to make sure they aren't sold out every where.

thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:

Well, since they are still on shelves, I guess you mean enough to exceed demand. 

If there is product on the shelf then the demand has been met. Its not hard.

osed125 said:
Locknuts said:
Retailers were making sure that they didn't over order Wii Us like they did last Christmas IMO. We can see from the numbers that it sold respectably, but I'm sure Nintendo would have been able to get more systems to retailers had they actually wanted them.

Didn't the Wii U sold really well last Christmas? The drought started January 2013 iirc.

As of Dec 31 Nintendo had shipped 3.09m Wii U and according to this site they didnt sell that mamy until late May.

As of Mar 31 Nintendo had shipped 3.45m Wii U and according to this site they didnt sell that many until late August.

As of June 30 Nintendo had shipped 3.61m Wii U and according to this site they didnt sell that many until early October.

As of Sept 30 Nintendo had shipped 3.91m Wii U and according to this site it didnt pass sell that many until mid November.

Basically it took 6 months to sell the launch shipments and another 6 months to sell an additional 820k so based off that its understandable why rwtailers didnt want to order a ton of units. The good thing is that Wii U selling out is showing retailers that there is demand for it currently and if the demand can continue into next year then retailers will be more willing to recieve bigger shipments.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.