By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BOLD PREDICTION: The PS4 will outsell the 3DS+Wii U

Do you think the PS4 will outsell the 3DS+Wii U?

Yes 431 30.12%

No 889 62.12%

They'll sell the same ak... 110 7.69%

Total:1,430
Hiku said:
tak13 said:

We have that in common, like we own a copy of MK8 without having the console!

Many people hiku! Gamestop has stated that the 199$ pre-owned wii u were extremely popular! That must be true, even in my country, the day someone makes a listing of a 199 euros wii u then next day this is being sold! I will never become a wii u owner at this rate, thus I want more and more ports of its games on switch.

Still hurts my soul. T_T

Haha, I don't recall hearing that anyone else did that? Or maybe you told me and I forgot. Well, now we have two members in that exclusive club.
But yeah, the more they port to Switch, the more interested I become.

There are quite many wii u games that sold extremely well on a tiny installbase, that deserve another run on a system with a far bigger potential than wii u...

I mean MK8  has almost sold 9m on the 14m wii u, if wii u had sold 28m, this could be a 14-15m seller! So, the game in spite of having sold so much, still missed a considerable amount of sales. Hence, it was an astute move to port it on the hybrid switch!

Around the Network

wrong post!

TallSilhouette said:

Call me crazy... but if you cover that man's eyes, I could swear he looks like Schwarzenegger.

The result of the poll are really weird, what's up with this forum, is it particularly anti-Sony. Of course the PS4 would sell more than the 3DS given that it sold less than all the previous Nintendo handheld consoles, understandably so in the smartphone context.

Now the real question is how much more than the Switch will it sell over lifetime?

reptard said:
The result of the poll are really weird, what's up with this forum, is it particularly anti-Sony. Of course the PS4 would sell more than the 3DS given that it sold less than all the previous Nintendo handheld consoles, understandably so in the smartphone context.

Now the real question is how much more than the Switch will it sell over lifetime?

The thread was made in the end of 2013...

3DS ( DS successor ! ) sales trend was implying a 95-100m selling console and ps4 ( ps3 successor ! ) was just two months old.

Hence, don't be surprised and label all the votes against that as anti-sony !

Around the Network
tak13 said:

3DS ( DS successor! ) sales trend was implying a 95-100m selling console and ps4 ( ps3 successor ! ) was just two months old...

Hence, don't be surprised and label all the votes against that as anti-sony!

But that's not true, the 3DS was NEVER predicted or going to sell 100mil, because like the Wii U it wasn't a significant iteration over the DS and because of smartphone. 

So given that all playstation sold at least 90mil like the PS3, and given that the PS4 was set to beat XBO given the scrupious E3 announcements, there was nothing surprising.

Then again, it's about the result not being mitigated, or fifty-fifty but majorly against the logic or reality, even the comments so...

reptard said:
tak13 said:

3DS ( DS successor! ) sales trend was implying a 95-100m selling console and ps4 ( ps3 successor ! ) was just two months old...

Hence, don't be surprised and label all the votes against that as anti-sony!

But that's not true, the 3DS was NEVER predicted or going to sell 100mil, because like the Wii U it wasn't a significant iteration over the DS and because of smartphone. 

So given that all playstation sold at least 90mil like the PS3, and given that the PS4 was set to beat XBO given the scrupious E3 announcements, there was nothing surprising.

Then again, it's about the result not being mitigated, or fifty-fifty but majorly against the logic or reality, even the comments so...

Comments? You mean some aggressive ones ? i think it's more because of the  of predictor not the prediction itself.   You  joined vgc in 2017...

3DS had no impact from smartphones between 2011-2013 ( 15m 2011, 15m 2012, 13m 2013 ) it sold-in 43m in three years, ps4 shipped 48m in three years!

It would not be irrational to predict 95m+ for 3DS in 2013 and even predict that alone could outsell PS4 which was just two months old when thread was made.

Anyway, premature prediction threads is the problem,  I wish I had never participated in any in my early lifetime here ( Barkley heh ) .

( Mostly because of my once utter immaturity and lack of knowledge about sales in the beginning )

Dulfite said:
Aerys said:
So many people thought thé 3DS would reach 80-90M ans the Wii U 30M
And even then, thé PS4 would have zone better

3ds is at 66 million and is selling 11 million per year on average (last year it actually grew), so it will be more than likely 77 million at this point next year (after really good 1st party support Nintendo just announced) which means it only needs to get 3 million more to be in that range you have there (not hard to do). The Wii U on the other hand is dead.

The 3DS is not selling 11M per year on average. It sold 7.36M in 2016 and 7.53M in 2015 so it did not grow last year. And sales are down 10% QoQ from Jan to March 2017.

Lawlight said:
Dulfite said:

3ds is at 66 million and is selling 11 million per year on average (last year it actually grew), so it will be more than likely 77 million at this point next year (after really good 1st party support Nintendo just announced) which means it only needs to get 3 million more to be in that range you have there (not hard to do). The Wii U on the other hand is dead.

The 3DS is not selling 11M per year on average. It sold 7.36M in 2016 and 7.53M in 2015 so it did not grow last year. And sales are down 10% QoQ from Jan to March 2017.

kemon go

p

3DS did grow in 2016, simply vgc has made a small mistake in tracking in 2015...

In addition, 3DS sold out all of its stock on holidays in the USA, as a result having stock issues till April.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=227683&page=1

Valdath said:
JWeinCom said:
This prediction isn't going to make you look stupid in a few years. It's doing that right now.

Lol

Lol indeed.  Whoever made that comment is a moron.