By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox could become a big gun for Nintendo if done correctly

Nintendo has given up on many of their past IP's because sales aren't high enough for their expectations. Star Fox typically sells as well as other niche Nintendo games such as Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Pikmin but I think it can be sitting next to Zelda & Super Smash Bros as a top Nintendo series for the so called "core" gamer.

Star Fox should be given to an in-house Nintendo team who can do it right. The series can be expanded and modernized to appeal to a lot of gamers. A shooter game is something Nintendo is missing at the moment anyway.

what do you think?

Around the Network

Star fox does have potential but the recent games say otherwise. This time I would give it to retro studios.

If by "done correctly", you mean "give it to Platinum", then I think it's possible.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:

If by "done correctly", you mean "give it to Platinum", then I think it's possible.

Why platinum games ?

I agree and been saying it over like a broken record.

Starfox + Epic Story + Foot missions + flight missions &  flying planet to planet (not on rails but full movement like in freelancer) + adventure elements + 20hours minimum play would definitely appeal to many people

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Star fox does have potential but the recent games say otherwise. This time I would give it to retro studios.

When was the last time they actually tried though? They can't make it like Star Fox 64 because it'd be too short but it could be Nintendo's Uncharted. 

starfox U...sounds good to me

fatslob-:O said:
F0X said:

Why platinum games ?

I doubt that Platinum would have any trouble nailing the tone or fast-placed gameplay.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Viltgance said:
starfox U...sounds good to me

lol that just sounds like star fucks u to me :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

F0X said:

I'd rather it be in-house instead but as long as the gameplay is awesome and done right then I guess it doesn't matter who makes it.