By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Anime] What's your favorite anime genre?

What's your favorite anime genre?

action 17 26.98%

adventure 4 6.35%

comedy 3 4.76%

drama 1 1.59%

slice of life 11 17.46%

fantasy - magic - supernatural 13 20.63%

science fiction 4 6.35%

romance 0 0%

horror 0 0%

psychological 10 15.87%

Total:63
SaberSaurus said:
Whatever Spice and Wolf is, such an amazing anime.

+100000000000000000000000000 This fellow-gamer-horo lover knows his stuff!!

OT: Slice of life, romance, comedy, scifi. 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Why isn't Ecchi an option? Anyways I dont have a preference since i basically watch and enjoy all types of genres relating to anime.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

kyokusanagi said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Manga > Anime

Adventure

Fantasy - Magic - Supernatural

Hence why Berserk is my Favorite

Plus that god dam art!!!

Anime > manga

Anime, 50 inch TV with surround sound system WOW.

Manga

What???  no animation and no sound, just pictures O_0

That particular scene is quite good, but compare the entire product.  The CGI animation in the big fights of the movies is quite off.

Manga is usually better because its the orginal content, Anime tends to cut things out or add useless filler.

Let's not even get into the quality drop of the product in the tranistion to animation you see sometimes.  

The Big 3 all do this, tho Naruto & One Peice are much bigger offenders of this than Bleach.

Today's animes are rarely orginal, instead 90%+ are based off of manga or visual novel.

My favorite actual "new" anime that isn't based of a manga is Tiger and Bunny.  Great stuff there, and can't wait for the second movie in Feb.

In no way am I saying I think anime is shit and no one should watch, It's fun to see things actually moving and having a voice (to me the voice is the best part of an anime not the animation it self) and I actively watch anime.  But to compare it to manga as better, at least in its current state, isn't true in my eyes.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Action, supernatural, psychological and thriller.

I'd have to say psychological. Action and horror are also my favourites.

Around the Network

Kill la Kill

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

_crazy_man_ said:
kyokusanagi said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Manga > Anime

Adventure

Fantasy - Magic - Supernatural

Hence why Berserk is my Favorite

Plus that god dam art!!!

Anime > manga

Anime, 50 inch TV with surround sound system WOW.

Manga

What???  no animation and no sound, just pictures O_0

That particular scene is quite good, but compare the entire product.  The CGI animation in the big fights of the movies is quite off.

Manga is usually better because its the orginal content, Anime tends to cut things out or add useless filler.

Let's not even get into the quality drop of the product in the tranistion to animation you see sometimes.  

The Big 3 all do this, tho Naruto & One Peice are much bigger offenders of this than Bleach.

Today's animes are rarely orginal, instead 90%+ are based off of manga or visual novel.

My favorite actual "new" anime that isn't based of a manga is Tiger and Bunny.  Great stuff there, and can't wait for the second movie in Feb.

In no way am I saying I think anime is shit and no one should watch, It's fun to see things actually moving and having a voice (to me the voice is the best part of an anime not the animation it self) and I actively watch anime.  But to compare it to manga as better, at least in its current state, isn't true in my eyes.

Being honest, i haven't watch the movies yet, only the series, i have the movies 1 to 3.

Agree with the content, i heard that happen often.

About Tiger and Bunny ,i only have the series not the movies yet. it sounds like a pretty good series. 

And about manga > anime, i respect your opinion, some people like manga better than anime for the reasons you were saying, for me i tried to get in to the manga but it didn't work for me, you said the voice is the best part, you watch  Dub or Sub?

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

kyokusanagi said:
_crazy_man_ said:
kyokusanagi said:

_crazy_man_ said: 

-Snip-

-Snip-

-Snip-

you watch  Dub or Sub?

Sub most of the time, you'll find dub gems here and there tho

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
kyokusanagi said:
_crazy_man_ said:
kyokusanagi said:

_crazy_man_ said: 

-Snip-

-Snip-

-Snip-

you watch  Dub or Sub?

Sub most of the time, you'll find dub gems here and there tho

Nice!! i think the only ones that i had watched in dub is dragon ball,z,gt and pokemon, everything else in sub.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

My favorite genre is slice of life and a touch of super natural, IE. Clannad and Angel Beats.