By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Promise! 3DS will dominate globally in 2014

Well of course it will dominate the Vita. Thanks Captain Obvious.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I think it'll be able to eake out a global victory over the PS4 if only because the first year of a console is always pretty slow.

After that though? I don't think the 3DS will be able to beat the PS4 ever again. There's a side of me that even thinks the PS4 could beat it in life time sales when all is said and done.

Maybe. Its going to be 3DS vs PS3. It'll certainly be interesting.

Lawlight said:
The 3DS didn't "dominate" this year. SSB4 won't change that.

Are you talking 2013 or 2014? (you said didnt meaning past tense). Also its obviously going to be either 3DS or PS4. Only those  two will sell 10mil+ in 2014.

edit if your talking about 2013. 3DS dominated as nothing came close aside from ps3 which still loss by a huge margin (but ps3 did well for a 7 year old console so no big deal)

Kaizar said:

The Nintendo 3DS with the 3D ON has much more clearity and way more anti-aliasing then 4K HD LED TVs. So think image quality will be just fine in every aspect.....as long as they don't release a 8K HD LED TV.

I'd highly recommend going to see an optician.

Unless by clarity you mean you can clearly see the individual pixels.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS didn't "dominate" this year. SSB4 won't change that.

Are you talking 2013 or 2014? (you said didnt meaning past tense). Also its obviously going to be either 3DS or PS4. Only those  two will sell 10mil+ in 2014.

edit if your talking about 2013. 3DS dominated as nothing came close aside from ps3 which still loss by a huge margin (but ps3 did well for a 7 year old console so no big deal)

The 3DS probably sold less this year than the PS3's best year. So much for "dominating". Obviously, the PS3 is at the end of its life in the major markets.

SSB: 3 mil in 3DS, 5 mil in Wii U lifetime.

axumblade said:
dsp333 said:
I think it'll be able to eake out a global victory over the PS4 if only because the first year of a console is always pretty slow.

After that though? I don't think the 3DS will be able to beat the PS4 ever again. There's a side of me that even thinks the PS4 could beat it in life time sales when all is said and done.

The PS4 actually seems like it's going to have a pretty busy first year on the market. Infamous: Second Son, driveclub and (most likely) MLB The Show are all coming out in March and the system is finally launching in Japan this February. If they manage to keep the momentum going throughout the first year of release, it'll be at least competitive with the 3DS (with the exception of during the holidays, where the 3DS will still dominate).

Eh, it's alright for a first year, just saying things aren't going to REALLY kick off until we start seeing all the Uncharted 4/Gran Turismo 7/Final Fantasy XV/Metal Gear Solid V/Last Guardians release and all the western big hitters like Fifa/Madden/CoD/Battlefield/Asscreed ditch the crossgen compromising entirely.

Dominate not so much, but it'll sell great nonetheless.

dsp333 said:
axumblade said:

The PS4 actually seems like it's going to have a pretty busy first year on the market. Infamous: Second Son, driveclub and (most likely) MLB The Show are all coming out in March and the system is finally launching in Japan this February. If they manage to keep the momentum going throughout the first year of release, it'll be at least competitive with the 3DS (with the exception of during the holidays, where the 3DS will still dominate).

Eh, it's alright for a first year, just saying things aren't going to REALLY kick off until we start seeing all the Uncharted 4/Gran Turismo 7/Final Fantasy XV/Metal Gear Solid V/Last Guardians release and all the western big hitters like Fifa/Madden/CoD/Battlefield/Asscreed ditch the crossgen compromising entirely.

I do think the fact that it has been such a long previous generation, means there is a lot more hunger for earlier upgrades than we have seen in previous years. However, with the belief that the gaming industry has shrunk, and confirmation that XB1 and PS4 are pretty much off to the best start of any consoles ever. We could well be seeing a massively premature climax for this generation.

So although the "biggies" haven't hit, it could well be that this first full year is still an unprecedented blinder for all the next gen systems.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.