By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Numbers Are Up!!! 14 December 2013

pezus said:
POE said:
This is undertracked and that is overtracked. Why? Because i say so.

If you're unable to read and understand arguments for and against, sure. I find posts like these tiresome. We're on a sales discussion forum, what about you?

Arguments? More like opinions.

Around the Network
Frank_kc said:

Here are the countries where PS4 launched on Dec. 13th

Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece, Slovakia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, South Africa,Bolivia, Nicaragua, Paraguay, and Uruguay

No way for PS4 sold only 33k In those countries.

And to add more, we have 1.27 Million PSN accounts registered in the countries above (Exlucing South America countries) in 2011.

Here is the reference  

http://tbreak.com/megamers/wp-content/5/files/yvfye.jpg

So does any one believe that PS4 sold only 33k in those countries ?

Frank_kc said:

Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece, Slovakia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, South Africa,Bolivia, Nicaragua, Paraguay, and Uruguay

Haha, well, im from Uruguay and the thing is in every store i know still at full stock.

DJEVOLVE said:
LOL because PS4 is in more regions and is barely outselling Xbox one, It is all of a sudden Under tracked. LOL Every sales release we will see the same people, saying the same thing. Moving along.

It's a reasonable assumption to make when you see the demand for the PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

Frank_kc said:
Frank_kc said:

And to add more, we have 1.27 Million PSN accounts registered in the countries above (Exlucing South America countries) in 2011.

Here is the reference  

In Latin America PS4s are between the $600 and $1000 price range (in Argentina and Brazil is even higher), so it isn't surprising the PS4 didn't sell well (and if people bought them they most likely import from the U.S).

Can't speak for the rest though.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:
Frank_kc said:
Frank_kc said:

Here is the reference  

In Latin America PS4s are between the $600 and $1000 price range (in Argentina and Brazil is even higher), so it isn't surprising the PS4 didn't sell well (and if people bought them they most likely import from the U.S).

Can't speak for the rest though.

It sells for 450$ in the Middle East

ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

I'm not responding to you any more in this thread. You have ridiculed lots of posters, called their posts shit and inferred a few posters are stupid. Not acceptable.

What? I'm being serious.

More launch countries = more units sold... it is impossible to sell nothing in a launch countries that has the preorder sold until 2014... so if you launch in these countries you have more sales.

It is not hard to undertand the obvious.

Edit - PS4 got adjusted up... now Oceania + LA + Mid-East + Asia = 33k

This is their thinking, ethosax: Sony are about to ship in two other regions so what they do is split their production to incorporate those new regions and so spread themselves thinner ... They don't seem to understand that Sony would 'PLAN' ahead and make sure they have enough units to enable them to 'INCREASE' the ammount of consoles sold. It's ODD thinking but it suits their purpose.

The PS5 Exists. 

pezus said:

Is anyone else surprised by PS360 sales in the UK?

X360 24,929 (+36%) 9,230,378
PS3 23,195 (+32%) 6,174,132

Thought the weekly gap would be considerably bigger.

PS3, £99. I think that should say it all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DJEVOLVE said:
LOL because PS4 is in more regions and is barely outselling Xbox one, It is all of a sudden Under tracked. LOL Every sales release we will see the same people, saying the same thing. Moving along.

You do understand supply and demand right? Wouldn;t matter if sonly launch in million more countries, you can only sell what you've made

betacon said:
DJEVOLVE said:

You do understand supply and demand right? Wouldn;t matter if sonly launch in million more countries, you can only sell what you've made

you sure? I was telling you reasons for the meltdowns, not commenting on the production..

I'm talking about perceptions, this is the reason for non-stop talk about undertracking.

hasn't ps4 been in production longer?