By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Several Wild Xbox Ones Appear! And...

Why Are Xbox Ones In Stock?

Demand Is Lower 102 49.04%

MS Is Just Getting Out More Stock 62 29.81%

Something Inbetween 44 21.15%

Total:208

One wild PS4!

Well, my wife sent me on an errand, today.  She needed ink for our printer.  So, I decided to swing by electronics in Walmart and check out their stock of Xbox Ones and PS4s.  Considering it was the day right after Xmas, I expected there to be none.  To my surprise there were several Xbox Ones, and no PS4s.  It was pretty interesting since there were quite a few shoppers in the electronics department, yet no one was giving the Ones a 2nd glance.  Here's a few pics I took.

As you can see, there were 6 Xbox Ones to 0 PS4s.  Unfortunately, the 1st Walmart didn't have what I needed, so I went to another Walmart in my area.  There I spotted 2 Xbox Ones and 1 PS4 (pictured above.)

Now, this means one of two things.  Either demand has tapered off and sell outs of the Xbox One aren't going to be as much of a problem.  Or MS is able to flood the market with so much stock that even with great demand, sell outs aren't occuring.  I have to doubt the latter, since both Sony and MS seem to be focusing the majority of their stock on the US, yet the PS4 is the only one who is having real stock issues.  I also can't see MS outshipping Sony by the amount to keep this amount of units in stock, while we know Sony is producing 1M+ a month.  Again, the majority of which seems to be going to NA.

So, what are your thoughts on the matter?

Around the Network

My thoughts are that Sony could be losing valuable marketshare with all of these shortages compared to the XBOx One.

PS Vita in stock...damn you people buy the handheld it's so goood.

Low demand for Xbox One.

this is old news. i was seeing xbox ones the morning after black friday at my wal mart.

in addition, one has been stock online for weeks (best buy.com, now everywhere)

whether it's low demand or great stock, the debate can rage.

Around the Network

Dude are people still making these threads? Its been obvious since the Xbox One came out that more supply has been put in the US.

jlmurph2 said:
Dude are people still making these threads? Its been obvious since the Xbox One came out that more supply has been put in the US.

How is it obvious?  Sony won Nov NPD, yet MS was supposed to have more stock?  I just haven't seen anything that proves that MS is getting greater stock to the US than Sony.  During the less than 15 hrs when Amazon had 1000's of PS4s, Xbox Ones came into stock, as well, but only had ~500.  When the One dropped below 100, they got a few more and stock went back to ~500.  To me, it seems more like Sony is giving larger shipments once or twice a month, while MS is giving much smaller shipments once a week, while demand isn't quite enough for massive sellouts.

Wagram said:
PS Vita in stock...damn you people buy the handheld it's so goood.

Lol, well once I start working 6 days in the summer, I'm going to start saving up for a PS4 and a Vita (hopefully there'll be a bundle by then) and a laptop.  Of course, it will only add 1 sale, but at least I did my part. 

Irrelevant and anecdotal.

I have seen one at retail since launch in a Best Buy. I have seen multiple PS4's, even bought and resold a few for good profit. Does this mean Xbone demand must be through the roof? Surely if I could find some PS4's just sitting on shelves, it must have real low demand.

Of course both of those statements are a load of crap. Maybe I waltzed into those stores right after a shipment happened to come in, or maybe this area just isn't getting much Xbone stock. Overall its launch and both consoles are selling great, who cares about anything else.

That's nothing...
Here a picture from Germany last week (sorry for the crappy quality):