By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - killzone 2 worth the wait?

Cause we all know killzone 1 wasn't. The original "halo killer" was considered by most to be second rate at best (see its 73.5% average on gamerankings) and its odd psp spin-off didn't fare much better. Not only was killzone short of being halo esque in terms of quality, it probably wasn't even in the top 5 ps2 fps titles. 

Of course, saying the first game wasn't any good doesn't mean the new game will walk down the same path, but gaming has changed since the fall of 2004. Halo may still be top dog for some, but the market is so flooded that it's becoming harder and harder for an fps title to really stand out. And the fact is gamers have had to wait a long time for this game. It's very likely that killzone will appear in it's 3rd E3 in 4 years (do to its rather odd absence from E3 2006) before hitting stores in, what is currently listed as, Q3 08. 

So, will killzone 2 be any good? And if yes, do you really care since there are already so many other good shooters on the market?

Around the Network

I'm predicting that at the least it will be better then the first.

Personally, I would be happy if it makes high 80s-low 90s on Game Rankings.

I'll pick it up, regardless, I loved the first game. Mainly for its killer split screen matches. Ahh... the days of bots.

From what I've seen so far, looks awesome!

Haven't played Killzone 1, but I did follow the full story at Youtube and it's not dissapointing. Reading the reviews most criticism seem to be easily overcome, the technical issues should not apply to a PS3 version, the gameplay looks awesome judging from live footage!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

i think this will be better then the first but it wont match halo in quality i think it might be resistance 1 quality

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

No offense but I have all of the halos and they are highly overrated. This game could probaly be better than halo 3. Its not a hard thing to do. Now online it might not compete with halo but it most likely would compete and beat halos campaign. Maybe not halo 1 since that was the best halo game but 2 and 3 for sure.

Around the Network

Im not sure, but everyone'll wait until more previews and impressions hit.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

In terms of animation, death sequences, lighting, geometry / polygons, etc, from a technical perspective Killzone 2 seems to stand far above what Halo 3 offered.

Possibly Resistance 2 will steal this game's thunder, or maybe Resistance 2 can help Killzone 2 and vice versa attracting many new FPS fans to the console interested in playing both games. I assume both titles will show their strongpoints, both seem have their own unique take on how to create the ultimate FPS experience.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I'm anticipating this game regardless of reviews :P This is my Crysis for consoles, it's already an amazing piece of tech display, and I thought the first game was a lot of fun, also note, the PSP game is amazing :D I'm definitely looking forward to this title.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

we are just going to have to wait and see. Besides the awsome visuals, there is nothing much to really say about it right now. At the very least it should look better than halo =p

the first one sucked i didnt play it but heard it anyways i dont have a ps3 so im not getting it anyway

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!