By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 4's aim assist is ridiculous

Spent at least 5+ hours making this because of the fucking technical glitches I had.

So before I spend another couple more hours to try and salvage the rest of my videos for more footage, do these two clips illustrate that BF4's aim assist is way too strong? It practically does the aiming for you.

And the fact that the time to kill in this game is so low only makes the aim assist that much more worse since it's all just a matter of who shoots a milisecond first.

Edit: And what I basically did was play the game with aim assist on, and *not aiming with the right stick when shooting enemies*. So just look in the general direction of the enemies, hit zoom, and fire.

Around the Network

It might be cause I play on a PC but man... why does the graphics look so bad... Like is that on a ps2 or something? :/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
It might be cause I play on a PC but man... why does the graphics look so bad... Like is that on a ps2 or something? :/

Probably a combination of my capture card's settings, any errors in exporting the video from the video editing software, and YouTube's uploading process.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It's the PS3 version so what do you expect? That thing has 512 mb ram. It is lucky to even be able to run BF4.

Sometimes when i snipe and when 2 ppl are close to each other it goes on full retard mode, its like it doesnt know who to auto aim it just goes all wonky all over the place, i had to disable it.

HOLY SHIT, apon typing that^ i just realized something, lately iv noticed iv been getting worse at sniping, like i could line up headshots so easy but lately iv been so shit AND OMG i just realized its because i disabled auto aim fkkkk im so stupid

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:
Sometimes when i snipe and when 2 ppl are close to each other it goes on full retard mode, its like it doesnt know who to auto aim it just goes all wonky all over the place, i had to disable it.

HOLY SHIT, apon typing that^ i just realized something, lately iv noticed iv been getting worse at sniping, like i could line up headshots so easy but lately iv been so shit AND OMG i just realized its because i disabled auto aim fkkkk im so stupid

You should keep it off and lower your sensitivity.

I just don't get the point of playing a shooter with aim assist on. The core skill of the genre is shooting, and the game's just going to do it for you?

So I should turn it off thanks for the tip

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

coolguy said:
So I should turn it off thanks for the tip

I was going more for DICE turning it off. If all you cared about is winning gunfights, it's in your best interest to turn it on.

If you actually want to, you know, play the game, you should turn it off.

how messed up is BF4 atm man :L

DamnTastic said:
how messed up is BF4 atm man :L

I've just gotten so used to the crashes, so it's hard to even evaluate the game. What's really infuriating is how the crashes result in the PS3 telling me that the system was improperly turned off. Not only do I lose save data on multiplayer settings, but also the single player data. I've spent hours playing DICE's shitty single player to get multiplayer unlocks, and then all the progress is gone.

As for the gameplay, I'm mixed. Battlefield 4 did fix the biggest problem with BF3, with map designs. Although BF3's map designs were so horrible, the bar was set really low.

They've still kept the damage model which is just killing the tempo of the game. Battlefield was never supposed to be a Quake like twitch shooter. It was supposed to be about the bigger picture and experimenting like you would in GTA. So if you run out in the open you instantly get killed, and the result is everyone just sniping or clinging to corners.

And then the destructible environment.

Destructible environments were introduced in Bad Company exactly to combat camping. Yet they've toned down the traditional destruction (lots of buildings where you can take cover) and replaced it with more context sensitive type destructions (e.g. shoot this pillar to bring the floor down). In Bad Company, destruction was an ever present element and the backbone of the game. Now it feels more like a set piece/feature for them to show off how pretty the game is.

So in a nutshell, aside from the bugs, better than Battlefield 3. But Battlefield 3 was so horrible, it's not really an accomplishment to improve on it.