By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ebay.com: 65k PS4s and 33k Xbox Ones Sold To Date

Less Xbox One's available? hmmmm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZItu6omNRI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUwNvdtSQfkljyW_FT-BNZWA

Around the Network
airRoman said:

Less Xbox One's available? hmmmm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZItu6omNRI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUwNvdtSQfkljyW_FT-BNZWA

Elpresador is the best. It's a similar situation at my walmart as well. 3 xbox One's and 0 ps4's.

agreed. elpres is the man. I think he is single-handedly killing Ghost sales.

dreamcast210 said:
Greater supply of the Xbox One in the US probably contributes to the lower number, too. For the past two-three weeks it seems fairly easy to walk into a store, go on Amazon or Best Buy, and pick one up. PS4 is the opposite so more people will go to eBay as a last resort to find one.

Greater availability does not = greater supply.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

But, maybe 5 minutes after the video all these boxes were sold?

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:
98k consoles bought for the purpose of reselling.

98k desperate people getting taken advantage of by vultures.

Not entirely true. There have been quite a few reports of people losing money due to lack of demand. So I'm sure quite some people were definitely not taken advantage of. Also, I'm sure there are some who bought a ps4 for themeselves and their gfs or parents bought them one for christmas as well. In most cases they can return them, but some people don't. There are also people who bought a ps4/xbone as an impulse purchase and then regreted it and decided to sell it and wait for more games to come or to pay some unexpected bills. Sure, most did what you said, but definitely not 98k. 

I can't wait til Dec NPD to put this greater supply theory to the test. Then we can know if it's true or if it is less demand.

it would have been nice to see how much the average unit for each console sold for.