By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Threeie "won't be a traditional platformer."

From Kotaku:

In the latest Scribes section at the official Rare web site, a Banjo Kazooie fan pesters the staff for details on the announced, but as yet unseen, Banjo Threeie hoping for a 3D platforming adventure to carry the torch. Rare may have dashed his hopes, as the word from on high says that "Banjo won't be a shooter [...] but it also won't be a traditional platformer."

They didn't elaborate much on what the next Banjo's "different take on the genre" but it sounds like the team at Rare is trying something new. On the multiplayer front, the Scribes columnist writes "We aren't in the business of crushing little boys' dreams so your multiplayer hopes will be answered. The 'new direction' that Banjo is taking should offer a multiplayer experience unique to anything currently available."

Yeah, yeah, how about showing the thing already? Can we agree that GDC is a good time? I'll take your silence as confirmation, Rare.

Around the Network

Banjo and Clank CONFIRMED. Ummm I wonder what direction they could possibly take these two o.O is there a world outside of platforming for them? xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I'm glad, for one. If Banjo 3 was simply a rehash of Kazooie and Tooie with new graphics, it'd be severely disappointing. Since the Banjo team is relatively intact, I hope they'll be able to take this game in a fun new direction.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

ChronotriggerJM said:
Banjo and Clank CONFIRMED. Ummm I wonder what direction they could possibly take these two o.O is there a world outside of platforming for them? xD

Ratchet & Kazooie?

...that actually works on some levels. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Because the thing that Banjo Kazooie fans have been clamouring or all this time is multiplayer...

Of course just saying it won't be a traditional platformer could mean anything. Because really, Mario Galaxy isn't a traditional platformer either.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Makes me worry...I never thought Banjo Threeie would turn out well anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I don't get why they can't just steal all of Nintendo's ideas and make a Mario clone. Just spice up the graphics and do Mario 64 Banjo-style.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I'm willing to bet it sucks balls, I think this game will be the last dying breath of Rare, they will prove to any die hard Rare fans holding on to hope that Rare still have it that they really do just suck now.

Man, this game is almost like duke-nukem forever

Ain't never gonna be released.

z64dan said:
Man, this game is almost like duke-nukem forever

Ain't never gonna be released.

Umm the game was only announced in 2006.