By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is Kinect a fad?

is kinect a fad?

Yes 218 64.69%

No 81 24.04%

See Results 37 10.98%

Total:336

No, it is not a fad, voice commands and gestures are better. It's just a bunch of recluse nerds and social outcasts that think punching buttons is better than having a conversation with another person. They think natural user interfaces are a fad, even when every tech company in the world has implemented some sort of it in their devices.

There's a reason people who matter still talk on the telephone, dictate documents, or give orders verbally, it's also why operators and cashiers are still in business.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
J_Allard said:
The Xbox One just launched and every one of them comes with the Kinect, which MS built the entire experience around.

LOL @ fad.

Hey the other fanboys lost the graphics edge, they have to pick on something.

How did they lose the graphics edge? :P That would imply the X1 had actually pulled ahead in anything xD I'd say they are pretty even on exclusives right now (Ryse and Killzone), but seeing as they are launch titles they don't really say much.

OT: For it to be a fad people would have to actually want it :P I've met a few people who think it's non gaming related features are pretty cool, but none at all that think it's worth $100.

Only real praise I've seen for it has come from people with a pre-existing bias.

I think it was a mistake for MS to release Kinect for the 360. They should have followed Nintendo's lead. The Wii Mote was original going to be GC peripheral but Nintendo decided against it. The didn't want to split the user base. Kinect for 360 was essentially a beta and right or wrong, the uninitiated are going judge Kinect 2.0 by the original. I think Kinect would had much more hype and been a much easier sell if they held it back for the XBox One.