By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Dark Souls II will sell great?

Tagged games:

No. But will make profit

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
Wright said:
SnakeDrake said:

This will be mines!!!

For some reason, I've never liked the Knight's armor. It was too obtuse in Demon's Souls (seriously, wtf with the helmet), too simple in Dark Souls and now it is too "decorated" in Dark Souls 2.

????????????????????????????????????????????

I dont see a problem you probably just have terrible taste

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:

Look at the helmet of the first pic, then look at all that fur on the second.

Not what I would call ergonomical!

Depends what you consider great. I think it will continue going down from the first one but should be able to manage at least 1-1.5 million across all platforms.
Good but not great, in my opinion.

I think you might be overstating how much people want the new consoles. I see the PS4 selling out until march, but it will die out after that. Maybe things can pick up around E3, with some pretty cool unveils, but it doesnt look like theres anything major coming to next-gen this year to make people run out and buy a system at all costs.
There will likely be more rushed/average games aswell. The first year of new consoles is never atractive.

I'm pretty sure we will see better sales from current gen systems next year, so DS2 will do fine. Dunno if it will do as well as the predecessor cause im not a fan of the series and i dont know how its evolving with the audience. But if it gets good reviews, i dont see why it wont sell just as good as Dark souls, unless many people really didnt like to be killed. I would look for more reasons on why it performs a certain way in the game rather than the systems its on.

The only thing next-gen systems benefit new games from is the software drought. People want games on their new consoles, so they will buy just about anything. Its never a long term recipe.

Around the Network

Most certainly yes. All those people that enjoyed the first game are very likely to buy the new one. For them (us), it's an experience.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

kitler53 said:
Wright said:
kitler53 said:

...listen, i'm a huuuge demon/dark souls fan. HUGE. but by march i'll have a ps4. by march i'll have a ps4 backlog 5-6 games deep with several more just around the corner. i'll play a next gen port of DS2 (even a late one) but i don't think i'll be turning my ps3 on anymore by march.

That's the kind of mentality that could potentially hurt Dark Souls II; and the one I'm expecting even from some of the DS fanbase. I can understand not all people will have time and money by the time DS2 arrives, but the fact that there's no next-gen port makes it even less bearable now.

yeah, and i'm pretty sure i won't be the only one.   ...thing is, with DS i played it exclusively for about 8 months straight.  that kind of "commitment" right after getting a ps4 is just not appealing.   had it hit this holiday i would have been there but that delay to 2014 killed it for me.   that late and a next gen port is manditory if they want to retain their audience.

Same here, I did 3 full playthroughs of Dark Souls before getting bored. The game asks a lot of initial commitment, which I could have given it over the holidays, as I did with Dark Souls. By the time it comes out I'll be tempted to play ps4 a lot more. My time goes to GT6 this holiday. After seeing initial sales for that drop so much, I don't expect Dark souls 2 to do much better.

The timing sucks, March 11. The game is great to play during the dark winter months. Come spring I'll be less in the mood to crawl around in the dark. A November 2014 ps4 port sounds good.

Yes. It will sell as much as the first game, which is not bad when PS3 and the 360 are so old now.

Wright said:
SnakeDrake said:

Look at the helmet of the first pic, then look at all that fur on the second.

Not what I would call ergonomical!

Well its a fantasy game with monsters and dragons plus ergonomically it should be fine its a game and at least there is a feeling of weight while wearing an armour.

Also damn i had to restart my computer because my keyboard stopped working for some reason. I dont know what sorcery you did just to prove your point >:{

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Fusioncode said:
ninetailschris said:
Nope.

Very indepth answer.

OT: I'm sure it will do fine, it doesn't have a massive audience that's going to be hurt by the console transition. It's a niche product and only requires 2 million or so in sales.

Simple and clean.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max