By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Marvelous Interactive happy with No Mor Heroes sales

tk1989 said:
Joeron said:
Pitty we Europeans have to wait a little longer to play this gem, good thing we get the superior version though. The PAL version is supposedly running smoother and has the unedited content ^_^
I thought that the PAL version was being edited though?? I thought that they were editing it because they didnt want it to get banned like Manhunt 2 did?

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/08/european-no-more-heroes-removes-bloody-gameplay/

theyre taking out the blood :( 

like in Japan

No More Blood

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network

Ouch that's sad news. But atleast it runs smoother though.

I don't know if missing the blood is that big of deal. It's over the top blood so it looks funny as heck when you see it but I don't think it adds a lot to the game so if it's not in the game the game will still be as fun and great and all that so don't worry.

The cool things in the game like the 80's game reference's and what not are all still present, plus Europeans get a Music video that's not included in the American release. So think of the positives on this. You guys get 1 thing removed and 1 thing put back in. Not so bad!

So is it possible that this game might end up being a million seller?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Hey everybody, this link confirms European version isn't censored ^_^

http://www.destructoid.com/europe-wants-blood-no-more-heroes-not-censored-now--59328.phtml

the vampire inside me is delighted hehe 

Mr. Stickball isn't going to like this thread.

Apparently 100K is not only something to get excited about... but something to throw a party about.

Around the Network

^Last thing we need is for stickball to take a rage-induced shit on the EU preorders.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Killer 7 only sold 15k? That's gotta be a mistake. I use to see that game everywhere for the cube. I have a copy of it and I have a friend with one as well. How well did Killer 7 actually sell?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

why hasn't stickball posted yet?

Yep, Kotaku just picked up this story in their own cynical Wii-hater way, they think it's good news.

Some of their posters claim this title would have sold millions on the 360, but then there are places in the world like the Badeu Center for retards along those lines, so no need to worry.

On a side note. I think this game had its best chance to sell on the Wii or PS3, and not the 360, simply because there are so many games on the other systems along the more adult line that they would have overshadowed NMH, while instead, being on the Wii, it is one of the only adult options atm, so more people picked it up.

Similar to why DMC sold so well on the PS3 in Japan compared to the PS2 sales, despite the hugely smaller userbase.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The only reference I have is from a Killer7 fan website, and I believe it's overtracked

Killer 7 software sales (PS2 and GC combined) :

Japan: 12,000 copies
North America: 150,000 copies
Europe: 100,000 copies

Meaning around 370 k on it's lifetime.

No More Heroes is already beyond that and it's only out for a few weeks.

Vgcharts has the following number for PS2 version in Japan

Launch sales
1) 1,575
2) 394
3) 165

(...)

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !