By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft up to something?

Microsoft still hasn't made any money off its console, due to the normal loss during the first year, and the RROD warranty issues, its highly unlikely they'd go and design a entire new model, requiring different production methods, because that'd just cost them more money.

Around the Network

boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz
boo vgchartz

I don't know if I would go so far as to think it's a slimmer 360, but it could certainly be a new bundle. Imagine a gears of war bundle with a couple of less-known new franchises like Kameo to increase their popularity.

If this was happening a month from now I'd be suggesting a GTAIV bundle.........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I also find it hard to believe that Microsoft is having supply constraints. Sure, they've been selling well in NA, but I don't think they've been selling Wii-good enough to run short on supplies.

I guess this narrows it down to either a new SKU or something within that nature, or it may even be a lie because they have no excuse. All and all, I seriously doubt it's because they sold out.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

I don't see how MS can be supply contrained, at the end of december they had 1.7mil unsold 360's in the market compared to VGchartz numbers. During the previous holiday they had 2.4, its not that much more 360's. I live in Canada and from what i can see there is no shortage, i have never seen an elite, but the other models are all over the place.

or maybe stores don't want to buy more 360's until the halo editions and the arcades sell.

Around the Network

Did I miss the VGChartz analysis? If so can someone point me to that thread? ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I think it's simply because retailers didn't want to take on any more 360 stock when they had those stacks of Arcades and Halo Editions. The retailers figured that if they didn't carry anymore Premiums or Elites, potential customers would settle for the ubiquitous Arcade or Halo Editions and thereby fix their stock issues.

There could be a chance that MS is planning on announcing something at GDC, but I think it's more likely that retailers are trying to clear their stacks of Arcades and Halos.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

To all those that think MS is lying, I'll point out that gamers were talking about shortages LONG before MS was. Also, if retailers really were refusing to take the consoles that sell (which they wouldn't as it makes NO business sense), MS would cut a deal, as they would have no choice, and buy back the Halo 360's.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Starcraft you have no clue about retail.

When you are overstocked of items that aren't selling you do 1 of 3 things.

Slash price and eat your loss. (Its better than you not getting ANY money back)

STOP ordering more. (If there is a reason they aren't selling You just have to wait it out. If retailers believe they'll push out their overstock that way they'll do it.)

Or send it back to the manufacturer and get a refund. (Self explanitory)

Anyways. They aren't selling more than PS3 and Sony doesn't have shortages. They believed they would only sell 30-40k a week? Don't give me that.

They are probablly lying about shortages. They are probablly trying to stock pile for a big release/price cut so they wont get a shortage during that crucial period. There is no excuse to have a shortage 3 years after.

So you think they're stockpiling to make less money on them at a later date with a price cut?