By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tales Of Series Has Shipped Over 16 Million Units

Glad to see it as the series has emerged as one of the big JRPG series I look forward to playing. Xillia was great and Xillia 2 and Zestria are absolute buys for me.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
outlawauron said:
Acevil said:
outlawauron said:
Xillia shipped over 1 million, so that's at least 300k for NA/EU?

About I would say, I don't think they will ever rival Symphonia on Gamecube in NA, but they really could create something here if they put effort into growing the franchise. 

It's not going to pass in the West, but Xillia sold double what ToS GC did in Japan. It evens out.

Japan is in the bag, but they really should try to capture the western market as well.

I think they are. Namco just isn't going to hand it off to Sony or Nintendo to publish, so I don't think it'll ever match those sales. Symphonia on the GC was a perfect storm.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This is great for the series. Banco must be doing something right since their recent Jrpgs have been selling pretty well (Ni no Kuni, Graces F, Xillia).

as long as they keep bringing over tales titles the fans will keep buying em. everyones happy.

My Top Games Of 2013:

Train wreck said:
Once of the smartest things that Namco and Baba have done. This is a franchise that is definitely on the rise, taking advantage of the weakening brand of Final Fantasy in the west. By not promising over-the-top graphics, etc, they can focus on creating an awesome set of games.

Symphonia and Xillia 2 will do quite well in the west.

This gen, thanks to a lowered quality on Final Fantasy has made me give chances to series like Tales and Ys for the first time and I am glad I did.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I wonder how many units did really move the 360 version of Vesperia.

Around the Network

Pretty sweet for Xillia, I remember thinking Vgchartz had overtracked it in the west, but it seems it's about right if you give a little leaway for digital sales

Never actually played a Tales game, but fingers crossed if I get a PS3 soon I'll catch up on what I've missed (come to think about it, there's no reason I couldn't just go and buy Vesperia for X360)

JazzB1987 said:
would have sold more with Graces coming to Wii in the west etc.....

probably but i imagine that PS3 version would have cannablized alot of the sales anyway. It being the better version and so much people being multiplat owners

Euphoria14 said:
Train wreck said:
Once of the smartest things that Namco and Baba have done. This is a franchise that is definitely on the rise, taking advantage of the weakening brand of Final Fantasy in the west. By not promising over-the-top graphics, etc, they can focus on creating an awesome set of games.

Symphonia and Xillia 2 will do quite well in the west.

This gen, thanks to a lowered quality on Final Fantasy has made me give chances to series like Tales and Ys for the first time and I am glad I did.

this, i even played one of the Atelier games i would have never touched those otherwise and its actually pretty fun.

You know why symphonia is the best selling tales in the west? it's because it's the least Japanese one

That should tell namco something.

Soriku said:
007BondAgent said:
You know why symphonia is the best selling tales in the west? it's because it's the least Japanese one

That should tell namco something.

wat. Symphonia isn't any more "Japanese" than the other ones.

When i said that, i mean the setting/art style

For example, Xillia looks like an anime, while symphonia doesn't? you see.