By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cinemablend: Wii U Is Winning Next-Gen Gaming, Not Xbox One Or PS4

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii-U-Winning-Next-Gen-Gaming-Xbox-One-Or-PS4-61059.html

"PS4 and Xbox One's small software libraries don't stack up well against the Wii U's offering, either. The Wii U launched with higher rated titles than the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One. The Xbox One and PS4 fare even worse in the software match-up when you factor in recent Wii U releases like Super Mario 3D World and Edge."

"It's not a two-way race, though. It's a three-way competition and right now the PS4 and Xbox One are both losing to the Wii U."

I quite liked reading this article. Thought people might find it interesting. No doubt the trolls and console warmongers will be in here soon, though. Note that neither I nor the article suggest that Wii U will necessarily win in the long run.

Around the Network

Go Wii U, it may not have the sales but it deffo has the better games. :)

Metacritic scores means nothing if your games keep flopping on a commercial basis.

Makes sense. The Wii U should beat everyone in sales no doubt

fatslob-:O said:
Metacritic scores means nothing if your games keep flopping on a commercial basis.

Would you rather a system full of crappy games that sell well to the masses?

Around the Network
mysteryman said:

Those so called "crappy" games are realized in high quality according to the masses so yes.  

Almost all of the argument hinges on the year-long head start, not any tangible, inherent advantages the WiiU has. It would be no better saying that the PS4 and Xone are better consoles because they've sold much faster during their launch period.

You could very easily retitle the article "Why You Shouldn't Buy Consoles At Launch" without changing much. As a pro WiiU piece, though, it's the same console war nonsense the OP tries to pre-emptively accuse potential critics of.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

mysteryman said:

Those so called "crappy" games are realized in high quality according to the masses so yes.  

Great, you can enjoy Just Dance 4 and Angry Birds Star Wars, I'd rather play decent games regardless of their sales.

I disagree. Business is about a lot more than "winning" the total units metric. Sales rate is more important. Right now, obviously, the sales rates for the XO and PS4 are astronomical, which doesn't actually mean much in the long-term. The sales rate for the Wii U, on the other hand, is just plain not good and it looks like it's going to miss out on some key third-party releases.

Honestly, we won't know who is doing the "winning" until sales rates have stabilized, which means next year. Talking about it when two of the three consoles have just launched is kind of meaningless.

mysteryman said:
mysteryman said:

Great, you can enjoy Just Dance 4 and Angry Birds Star Wars, I'd rather play decent games regardless of their sales.

There's nothing wrong with Just Dance 4!