By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So, shall we jump on the "XBONE IS DOOMED" bandwagon ?

SO??

Wow. Much doom. New Dreamcast. 562 72.33%

Very sales. Such dominance. 209 26.90%

Total:771

I say that like the Wii U at it's launch, the Xbone is selling purelly on hype, and in this case, the main sales driver is the thirsty hardcore dudebro who can't wait to play CoD with the same graphical fidelity like he has seen in 2009 in PC's. 

Coming this Januray, the engine will run out of steam, and blockbuster games. So Microsoft will find themselves with an expensive box no one cares. PlayStation is cool again, so they are saved.

In this thread, we separate the Xbone doom callers, from the oblivious believers. Crow will be served in 2 months and a half, anyway the thread goes. Should be entertaining. 

Around the Network

Once Halo comes out and a price cut it will sell far better than PS4 in the USA

It's similar to the Wii U. Every unit is being sold but it still feels sluggish. It'll definitely have a huge post Christmas drop off but that's to be expected. Hard to guess if it'll drop to Wii U numbers or not though.

For the sake of predictions, I'm in the "doom" camp at least until Titanfall arrives.

toastboy44562 said:
Once Halo comes out and a price cut it will sell far better than PS4 in the USA

Ahahahahha

no

Because PS4 will also get a pricecut and BUNGIE's Destiny will be marketed as a PS4 game

Destiny is the next big thing.

toastboy44562 said:

Once Halo Smash Bros. comes out and a price cut it will sell far better than PS4 in the USA

Uh oh.. I see the similarities already! XBOX DOOOMZED!!

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

I predict a price-cut within 4 months time if not sooner

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

novasonic said:

toastboy44562 said:

Once Halo Smash Bros. comes out and a price cut it will sell far better than PS4 in the USA

Uh oh.. I see the similarities already! XBOX DOOOMZED!!

no no you can't compare me to one of those people!

Either you believe in X1 dominance or in X1 is doomed ?

All normal people inbetween rejoice. None of you will eat crow.

I find it funny that playstation fans dislike the x1 so much and want it to fail and vice versa. Seriously, they share like 90% of their game catalogue with each other and have almost the same specs and features. One would think if a person enjoyed one of the systems they would like the other because they are pretty much the same thing...

As far as whether the x1 is doomed, the answer is no. Will it sell better than the ps4? The answer is also no. Will the x1 be a success for microsoft? The answer is most probably yes.