By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Wow!! Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition has sold 10 million copies

Tagged games:

Mistershine said:
I'm with puggsly on this. My son loves it and keeps trying to get me to play but I get bored so quickly. What is the point of the game?

Building stuff out of many very different looking blocks, which allows almost anything to be made if you build big enough. Simple. That is the description if you visit the homepage of the game. There is a lot more to it then that, but essentially that is the main focus.

Around the Network

10 million sales on a console is an amazing feet. Especially as it had been out so long on PC and already sold bucket loads.

It will be interesting to see how it does on next gen consoles, and you know what, I think it has no problem selling millions again. I really don't think notch will ever beat this product in terms of success every again.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

AHHHH! I can't believe people PAY for skins on this game. With the pc version EVERYTHING is free.

those are insane numbers!

Mistershine said:
I'm with puggsly on this. My son loves it and keeps trying to get me to play but I get bored so quickly. What is the point of the game?

The game is about beating up animals during the day, then money-lenders at night.

Around the Network

Congrats!

its like doshin the giant

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I don't get it, but damnit it shows that digital is synonymous with Xbox.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

incredible. i have a feeling notch is a little bit of an xbox fanboy and this will only help continue that.

i also believe they announced 13 million sold on pc recently, which means the xbox version isn't far behind despite coming out later. really speaks to the power of consoles. what a great get for microsoft.

Great numbers for a simple game like that, but others, that didn't sell well, deserve it more.