By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Consider Wii U A Current/Next-gen console?

What do you think?

Wii U is 7th gen! 134 16.18%

Wii U is 8th gen! 584 70.53%

Wii U is gay! 39 4.71%

Wii U is straight! 14 1.69%

Wii U is bisexual! 55 6.64%

Total:826

is wii gen + 1

Around the Network

no last gen for me mainly b/c 3rd party games ive seen are using ps360 assets like COD ghosts and AC but for 1st party games i guess you could consider it as part of the 8th gen

Play Me

V-r0cK said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
V-r0cK said:
7th gen as it shares the exact same multiplatform games as PS3/360

Same as the PS4/X1...

My mistake, I meant exact same multiplat games with the same graphics ie. Batman AC/Origins, Mass Effect.  The graphics play a part of this as well.

actually wiiU usually has worse graphics and or performance than the PS3/xbox versions

i don't care

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

It's a current-generation console, because the PS3, 360, and Wii are all officially last-generation now.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
7th gen console that sells like it's 6th gen console.

like PS1 was 4th gen

Click HERE and be happy 

Everyone saying 7th gen has to admit that Nintendo makes the most powerful console each generation.

KylieDog said:
thekitchensink said:
It's a current-generation console, because the PS3, 360, and Wii are all officially last-generation now.

Wii was last gen, last gen.

Well damn, Nintendo had almost 50% marketshare sixth gen, then.  Suddenly the PS2's accomplishments don't seem so monumental.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
KylieDog said:
thekitchensink said:

Wii was last gen, last gen.

in what universe?

KylieDog said:
aryu said:
The Wii U is 8th Gen regardless of it's spec. I thought this was established -_-

When you need add the bolded it voids the underlined.

I thought gen is defined by time, not by how powerful a console is. If that were the case, then surely Wii and GC are in the same generation implying the Nintendo have either fallen behind or missed an entire generation.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...